Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
notice circle 1, there is that fitting on the flange; it's not there on the other manifold. Also, circle 2 is an extra piece off casting protruding off the back of the plenum. What's going on here? both are manual y8 manifolds.

Q

·
0 Posts
The one on the left is a 96 to 98 im. The one the right is a 99 to 00. The fitting on the flange is for air injection( only 99 to 00 y8 have this).

C

·
0 Posts
... and if you were wondering... 99-00 im do not work on 96-98 heads (vacuum leak)... (or with modification....)

C

·
0 Posts
air injector... the im from the 96-98 head does not have the extra lip/surface area above the intake ports to seal the 99-00 im... also if you look at the gasket from a 99-00 there is an extra reectangular 'loop' for the air injector section whereas the 96-98 does not...IIRC

Q

·
0 Posts
civicmug said:
... and if you were wondering... 99-00 im do not work on 96-98 heads (vacuum leak)... (or with modification....)
There are 4 small holes above the ports on the 99-00 im. If you block them off, you can use it on a 96-98 head.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
builthatch said:
notice circle 1, there is that fitting on the flange; it's not there on the other manifold. Also, circle 2 is an extra piece off casting protruding off the back of the plenum. What's going on here? both are manual y8 manifolds.
the reason i never knew this is the last time i purchased a y8 manifold was in 98---and i am still using this unit; i've not really looked at a post '98 mani until the recent gift of the above unit(s)

C

·
0 Posts
ya... i think i also read on here that someone tapped the holes and plugged them with screws... sounds like an alternative to jb weld if you want to be able to undo.... i had both 96-98 and 99-00 im so i switched and matched the proper im to the head (originally i put the 99 im on the 96-98 head)... 96-98 also does not have vacuum nozzle for cruise control....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts