Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I’m in need of some help. Maybe I’m not wording the search right or using the right terms. Bought the car with motor dead and pulled. Swapped y8 head on y7and have it sitting in there. I don’t know where the harness goes. I installed the water lines and started the vacuum. Should I remove the hoses and try to lay the harness in? I’m trying to find some pics to help me with the harness. I can reason out the connectors but want it in the right spot. Really wish I had been the one to pull it.:frown:

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
987 Posts
You just want to know where the harness needs ran to?
Like how to route it?

As long as it isn't hanging down where it can touch the exhaust or get caught by a CV axle you should be good.

Unless you are asking something else.

You can google search picture of Honda Civic Engine bay and it will pull up enough results you should be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
In the middle of the harness, you shoudl have that big bundle covered in a plastic "box" of sorts.

It has either 2 botl slots, or one bolt hole and one slot, re-inforced with a small sliver of metal.

These 2 points bolt UNDER the intake manifold to the block.

SUPER easy to mess with if you have the lower radiator hose removed, and the heater bypass hose that goes from water pipe to intake manifold flange removed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally figured it out. As said above, it has a memory and wants to kinda fall in place. The two connectors that are plugged that sit under the intake manifold thoroughly confused me. They go nowhere. I had to remove all of my hoses to get things to lay right. I was fortunate to have everything. Bought the car with engine out and everything in a box. This site has been the difference in completing my car and selling it. So much information here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts