Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic SE 4 Door
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, I just finished the swap onto a Y7 and it doesn't run right. When i start my car up, it'll idle very high for about 5-10 seconds, then go down, then it'll rev/idle high every 2-3 seconds. I can't figure out what's wrong; could it be one of the sensors although they are in the right places, hose problems, missing something? and it's not the throttle cable either.

I used the Y8 IM auto and same TB, Y8 Fuel Rail, Y7 Fuel Injectors, Still using my Y7 ecu (p2e).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
826 Posts
you prolly mixed up some vacuum hoses

·
Registered
826 Posts
what are you doin about your iacv?

·
Registered
158 Posts
sounds like you have a vacuum leak
did you plugged all the vacuum ports that you are not using, like the one in the back corner of the manifold.

I just swaped mine yesterday and had the same problem and is that I forgot to put a plug on that one and had a vacuum lesk.

what gasket are you using for the throttle body?

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you dont find a vacuum leak you need to calibrate your iacv. it looks like its rivited on but you could screw it out by grinding it so that a flat screw driver could screw it out. you need a volt meter to calibrate it. do some searching on the voltage and how to.

·
Registered
99 Civic SE 4 Door
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what are you doin about your iacv?
i'm using an auto y8 im, so i shouldn't need to worry about the iacv since both the y8 auto im and y7 im manual are 3-wire iacv....

unless there's something im missing here....

-----------------

Looking at a couple of people's swaps, I think I might have put a hose or two in the wrong places (I can't remember exactly, will look tomorrow)

as for the gasket, just a oem gasket for the tb.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What year civic? and what year manifold? The 99-00 manifolds are different and have additional holes that need to be blocked.

Sounds like a vacuum leak tho....

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
What year civic? and what year manifold? The 99-00 manifolds are different and have additional holes that need to be blocked.

Sounds like a vacuum leak tho....
Its either that air injection holes on front of mani on top of injectors or the cruise control port on the back right of the manifold isn't plugged.

·
Registered
99 Civic SE 4 Door
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the y8 mani came from a 96-98, the part near the injectors is flat.

·
Registered
99 Civic SE 4 Door
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, i'm gonna try again tomorrow. I'll ask if anything goes wrong again. Everyone, thank you =)

·
Registered
99 Civic SE 4 Door
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no dice... still doing the same thing. I capped off the holes that i'm not using, nor is it a sensor problem, i think i have the hoses wrong, so if anyone has pictures of the swap or just a regular d16y8 bay up close to the intake, i'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
whats up man...

if it aint a vacuum leak..did u try switching the TPS and MAP sensor...i did that with mind..it idle'd jumpy..but as soon as i switched it it was good.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic SE 4 Door
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have tried switching the sensors... made it worse, which is why i know it's not a sensor problem.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts