Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just put a y8 intak mani on my 97 civic cx with a d16y7 in it and i think i hooked all the coolant lines up right and i took the rotor of the y8 tb and put it on the y7 and all the sensors are hooked up right the car starts but barely idles and just shakes the whole car

ne ides what rong please help i gotta drive my car tomorrow lol

tia

mad rep to who ever helps

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the injector on the far right shoots out a lil spray of gas i think i broke the little o ring thing and i dont think the coolant lines are hooked up right and should i of used the y8 t/b

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
u need to buy new injector o rings from honda everytime u take injectors out! i think its like 4 bucks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya im usin the y7 t/b and i ddnt change nethign on the tb except for the rotor

·
Registered
692 Posts
any cel's ? if not, all the wiring should be ok.

what coolent lines ? there should be only two. was the y8 a 5spd. or a/t ? what year ? can you post a pic. ?

defiantly fix the fuel for fuck sakes. and also you are reusing your y7 injectors, correct ?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
y8 is an auto anf i have a coolant line running to my t/b and one to the mani its a 97 civic cx and ill get a pic right now

·
Registered
692 Posts
yes im threadjacking because i had the same question and no one responded.
Should your injectors be a tight fit or should they have some play.
do they leak ? if not, your golden. ;)

they *should* have some play in them and you should be able to move them left/right when everything is done.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have the pcv valve running to the socond nipple on my t/b

i have the pipe under the mani running to the bottom nipple on the mani

i have the box thing with 2 nipples on it running to the top nipple on the mani

and i have the coolant line from the side of the mani running to the top nipple on the t/b

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here is the best pic i could get

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oops here it is

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
^all i see is a red 'x'. so this is my best guess to the questions in the thread.
yes im threadjacking because i had the same question and no one responded.
Should your injectors be a tight fit or should they have some play.
they should be snug
and the injector on the far right shoots out a lil spray of gas i think i broke the little o ring thing and i dont think the coolant lines are hooked up right and should i of used the y8 t/b
yeah, you broke it. at most you can use the o-ring twice, and that is on a good day.

the two ports you need to run coolant to the tb are the one comming off of the water port off the head, and the one on the water line going down the back of the motor. it doesn't matter which way you have the fluid flowing through the tb. sh!t for that matter you don't even have to have coolant running though it.
hey guys i just put a y8 intak mani on my 97 civic cx with a d16y7 in it and i think i hooked all the coolant lines up right and i took the rotor of the y8 tb and put it on the y7 and all the sensors are hooked up right the car starts but barely idles and just shakes the whole car. ne ides what rong please help i gotta drive my car tomorrow lol
tia
mad rep to who ever helps
are you sure you installed the plugs correctly? i.e. did you mark them before you took them off. did you set base idle? if the idle is really rough, unplug the iacv and adjust the air bypass screw till the motor idles smooth (or as close as you can get it). then plug the iacv back in and reset the ecu.

·
Registered
692 Posts
vac. lines look ok. run the coolent lines like ^he^ said. also make sure that you didnt switch the map/tps plug, b/c they are the same. ;)

oh btw, does this mani have the little nipple in the back for cruse control ? make sure to plug it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya it has the nipple thing and i plugged it i dont understand what the other guys means completly liek which line is which

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
there are only two little ~1/4 in. nipples off of the coolant system. they are used to bypass coolant to the tb/iacv. iirc, like this;
head nipple -> port on the iacv closes to the head -> from the 'back' port of the iacv -> coolant main line that runs on the back of the motor.

in the case of a 5sd IM with a 2-wire, it goes;
head nipple -> tb -> iacv -> coolant line on the back of the motor

but again it doesn't require you to run that bypass to the tb/iacv.

again, did you set base idle?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that is how i have the collant lines hooked up right now and no i havent set the idle yet what do i do to do that

·
Registered
692 Posts
if the idle is really rough, unplug the iacv and adjust the air bypass screw till the motor idles smooth (or as close as you can get it). then plug the iacv back in and reset the ecu.
here it is.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts