Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm trying to time my freshly built vitara d16. I'm running z6 block with a y8 head. Inside the head I have a z6 cam the comp59300 with a y8 AEM adjustable cam gear.

Has anyone done a setup similar to this and what did you set your cam gear to for correct timing? Everywhere I read seems to be saying either advance or retard by 5 degrees but not sure which way.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,187 Posts
why did you get an adjustable cam gear for the y8 when youre using a z6 cam? its adjustable lol.

put stock z6 cam gear on. roll engine till tdc. remove stock cam gear and install adjustable. zero out the adjustable......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why did you get an adjustable cam gear for the y8 when youre using a z6 cam? its adjustable lol.

put stock z6 cam gear on. roll engine till tdc. remove stock cam gear and install adjustable. zero out the adjustable......
Honestly I bought the cam gear a while ago and cannot remember why I went with y8 lmao

I'll have to see if I can find a z6 cam gear. Would I be fine just running a stock z6 cam gear then?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,187 Posts
youre using a z6 cam.....yes

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
511 Posts
Is the engine in the car or on a stand?

If it was on the stand, I would say take the time to degree it. That way you could determine the actual 0° point on your adjustable gear for your setup. It's not impossible to degree it in the car, it's just a bitch.

Otherwise if you can't or don't want to take the time to degree it, the better solution is what Slo said, just throw the Z6 gear on and run. With the cam you have for the Z6, that will be the most pain free way to ensure you are closest to your 0° point as possible when you actually go ahead to set mechanical timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts