Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, can anyone give me some advice...I have a D16A6 , and have a chacne to buy a cheap Y8 vtec head...so, if I would go for it and do a mini-me, with my OBD-0 ECU, and my A6 distributor, and Y8 head....what ARP's must I use ( I'm gonna turbo it..)...the thing is that I have already bought D16Z6 ARP's (for my D16A6)...can I use them on my new D16A6 block/Y8 head combo....or MUST i go for a combination like shown on link below :

http://shopping.lightningmotorsports.com/customer/product.php?productid=2007&cat=227&page=1

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY other option is to go with a Z6 head, only thing that I found out that is not compatible is the distributor....my A6 distributor will fit, but, 1 out of a 3 bolt holes must be relocated .....I'm fucked:)...hahaah...maybe I'll just stay non vtec:)...boosted:)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
order the shorter stud from arp. i think when i order it it was 13 bucks shipped, that or sell the z6 kit and order the right kit

·
Registered
431 Posts
use a6/z6 studs and u need one y8 stud. im running all z6 studs on my a6/y8.i used a extra washer on the one stud, have had no problems. been running for over a year now!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2toolow69> that's awesome news....can you gimme some pictures of your setup, of that head stud with extra washer...how much HP are you runnin, boosted or N/A?
So, only one head stud for Y8 is shorter, all the others are the same as Z6 studs?

·
Registered
37 Posts
it would be great if someone would do a writeup on this and make it a sticky.every time this is brought up it starts a war.this block has deeper taps and this head has higher corners.i just said fuck it and bought a set of z6s and y8s because i have both heads.ill figure it out after i get the machine work done.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In another therad it's been told that a I must use all od Z6 studs except one, and that one is not a Y8, but somewhere in between a Z6 and Y8.....but...I'm interested in this solution of using all the Z6....with a extra washer....can you do a little write-up on that and find some pics to explain how to do it?..toolow69?????

·
Registered
720 Posts
just call lightning, they are awsome pple, ive bought so much from them as well as this kit that u need.. call them, tell them the setup and they'll hook u up.. if u search long enough u can find a redemtion coupon that gives you free shipping on your entire purchase when u buy arp products from them.. i forget the code, but its somewhere on H-T..

·
Registered
873 Posts
The extra washer fix:

Get a used stock headbolt.
Grind out a few sides of the thread from end to end enough for the washer to slip out
Take the washer to a press drill and drill out the hole in the middle enough for your new ARP stud to slip in comfortably
Use this modded washer on top of the ARP-supplied washer on that particular side where the you need more thread room.
Torque away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts