Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a civic EX and all i have on the car is a short ram intake, lightened pulley and 4-2-1 headers with stock muffler pipe and a low end aftermarket muffler.

i got a decent offer from a friend on a DC catback for the equivalent of about 400US in my hand. now i know that may sound like a lot, but where i live, shipping and duties to bring in one of these izza bitch!

i believe its a 2.25 inch catback setup.. and i would like to know if its worth the buy? forget that it's used. what i wanna know if the $ spent is worth the 'upgrade'

will there be any noticable improvement over stock 1.75" pipe? i plan on gutting the cat when im installing it as well...

what'ya think? buy this or keep stock and get a rom tune?

what i studying really is.. $2500 of our money (roughly 400US) is a damn good price for a catback........ :(

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
well it will make a bit more power, but you cant mod without exhaust. If you plan to further mod, you'll need it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
well the y8 mani, from what i've read on here, is one of the best ones out there, and it comes stock...but i have an IM for my car..and i think that whether or not ytou are going to mod farther i would go exhaust..and also note i may be horribly wrong, but it's simply my opinion

·
Registered
18 Posts
i would do DB8 JDM 4dr type r OEM cat back mid+muffler exhaust system, cheap+good+quiet (i dont like to loud).

Reactions: ardevas09

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Best gains on a N/A motor are yielded from 1/4" to 1/2" larger-than-stock piping diamater. It will be worth it for the cat-back no matter what...get it son.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
what kind of tone r u going for? loud and raspy, loud and throaty, queit and deep, or a nice solid tone?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
personally i like the 5zeigen fireball, apexi N1, apexi WS2, greddy SP2 and greddy evo2. id check those out, good systems

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was looking at the 5zigen fireball but after a demo on a friend's car it's way too loud man.
the apexi ws was also an option- but its too costly locally
i think im gonna get the dc piece... its not a bad price and i've managed to get a lower price... should have that in a month's time (waiting for the guy to bring it in)

PS slok, im not looking for any specific tone, i just DONT want anything raspy or ricey, and i still want to be able to hear my vtak engage every now and then so nothing ridiculously loud

·
Registered
619 Posts
Has anyone heard of the tsudo type x, similar looking to the dc but like $200 found online.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts