Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I built my Y8 got it into my 88 sedan EF and got the two side mounts on and went to do the trans mount and it was like half inch off. I know it’s the right one for manual trans. I had the auto trans at first and got the right one so I know it’s right. So it’s gotta be one of the 2 side mounts. Can y’all tell which one is wrong. And the driver side post mount is from the Y8. That’s my other question do I need the post mount from the d15b1,2 or something to make it right? Idk lemme know homies thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here’s a pic of the trans mount and bracket so y’all can see what I mean. Again thank y’all so much. You guys always help so much!

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,152 Posts
1/2" off? That's what pry bars are for. It's probably fine, just needs massaging.

Those Anchor replacement mounts are fucking shitty anyways. They never line up, even in straight stock replacement scenarios.

The one on the driver side needs a touch from an angle grinder so it's not touching lol.

Don't like my method suggestions? Maybe someone will chime in with better ideas haha.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,152 Posts
Oh, half an inch off with the subframe. That's a different scenario lol.

I'd break out the drill and throughbolt the bastard.

Again, probably not the best advice, but I would do it haha. Others will hopefully chime in.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
228 Posts
Think you need the b2/a6 or b7 front bracket, and something about the trans hanger mount (passenger side top), seems off, like its upside down or something. (It may be the steel plate under the mount needs flipped or spun 180) been a while since I got to play with an EF but there is something there off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the metal bracket on the trans mount haha i put it back on how it came on the trans. oh and the trans is a SI its a A6000 or 9000 which ever one is the SI designation

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its externally the same trans, more or less, so that wouldn't really matter, still uses the same 2 torque mounts and the same 2 hanger mounts.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Use the rear engine mount to center the engine and trans.

If this is one of those cheap ebay kits, I have never had a mount come in that worked perfectly like stock.

You have the trans upper bracket. Once the rear center is done, just weld the new mount onto that trans bracket on the side, or drill new holes, or just grind them into slots.

All the moutns should sit centered and nuetral in the holes. None of them should look stressed or angled at all.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
And that driver side timing belt motor mount is NOT factory d16y8. The 96-00 cars used a vertical bubble post for a mount. Liekly, that is supposed to mimic a d16z6/d15b7 mount

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,897 Posts
the mount bracket that bolts to the block under the timing gear needs to be from a b2 that came from the oem engine. that said like mattliston said thats not an oem y7/8 mount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys. There’s a place here in Tampa called Orniel’s it’s a Honda/Acura only used part lot. I went there and asked for a D16Y8 side post mount guy didn’t speak English and brought me the one I have on lol so I just assumed it was right. It is the one where the offset of the bolts is mellow not the drastic angle one. I ordered them all individually from Rock Auto. I have noticed the pass side trans mount has some room it’s not on straight and if the post is wrong then the mount is wrong snd yeah problem solved hopefully. Again thanx y’all

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some people just won't go and geterdone, never could figure out why

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just haven’t been able too with work. I’m fully bout LKQ even have it set up to email me when year I want comes in. That’s how I got my trans bolts and both cv’s. So yeah idk why people won’t go to LKQ.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I always come back with way more than intended...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts