Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE throwing things out that someone may be able to use.

I know the feeling of being poor or temporarily poor and NEEDING to make something work. I also know the feeling of making something work that other people said was a lost cause.

With that in mind, I have a Y8 block that I don't want to just toss out if someone can fix it. Number 4 piston threw a rod on this a while back. It has a small hole.

Is there someone out there that can use this? Maybe attempt to fix it? If so, we can work something out. I'm not really looking to make money off it...I just don't want it getting melted down if someone can use it.

I took everything off it. It's a bare block...
Or a bare block with a hole to be exact.

Let me know...

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,697 Posts
You literally just showed a picture of a honda laying on it lmao, so bonus for honesty and showing the origin and some history of the part haha.

Garden planter? My friend has an entire 4Runner as the centerpiece to his garden with all kinds of stuff growing all over it.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You literally just showed a picture of a honda laying on it lmao, so bonus for honesty and showing the origin and some history of the part haha.

Garden planter? My friend has an entire 4Runner as the centerpiece to his garden with all kinds of stuff growing all over it.
Yep. That block has been through hell. Wife was driving it home from work a while back and it threw a rod right through the radiator. Caught the car on fire. I shit you not. I still feel like a dick just tossing it, though.

I was thinking coffee table bottom...I like the planter idea, though.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
I still have the first Honda engine I ever busted the block on.
Its been with me now for 12 or 13 years.
I wrecked my CRX HF and cracked the block at the mount.
I just can't bring myself to part with it for some reason.
Its just sitting in a dark dirty corner of my shop.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have the first Honda engine I ever busted the block on.
Its been with me now for 12 or 13 years.
I wrecked my CRX HF and cracked the block at the mount.
I just can't bring myself to part with it for some reason.
Its just sitting in a dark dirty corner of my shop.
Nice! I'll probably end up doing something creative with it if someone in a serious pinch doesn't want to chance it.

I remember back in the day...after a lifetime (literally) of driving Hondas, my first 95 Civic Coupe got stolen. It was considered totalled and I had full coverage. I got the money for the car but had rent due and my ex had just found out she was pregnant. My life was taking some crazy turns. I ended up buying an 89 Nissan Sentra Sport Coupe for $400. I was so dirt poor at the time...when the radiator went on it, I was trying to find any radiator that would fit in there for as cheap as humanly possible. $20 was something I didn't even have. Those were just horrible times..money wise. I think about that all the time when I have junk that I don't need or need the space in my garage.

If I knew how to weld aluminum during that time period, you can bet your ass I'd be out working on that Y8 block if I needed it.

The only time I got burned on helping someone like that was with the '88 Prelude I was beating on for a while. I helped a dude out and it came back to bite me in the ass...That's the only time I think to myself, "I should have kept that thing."

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,989 Posts
holy shit thats hilarious!
do you have the hole ?maybe could jb weld it back in place..

some ideas.
multi unit low income bird housing ?

throw it in the front yard and tie the dog to it..?

hornets could probably make use of it too..

a Door stop.

sure you want to give up all that?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy shit thats hilarious!
do you have the hole ?maybe could jb weld it back in place..

some ideas.
multi unit low income bird housing ?

throw it in the front yard and tie the dog to it..?

hornets could probably make use of it too..

a Door stop.

sure you want to give up all that?
I think the idea of bird housing best suits my enviornment. I doubt the squirrels will use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts