Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I finally found my boost motor.

Found a hella sweet deal on a set of 4 Eagle rods with 3 vitara pistons with like 20 miles on the set. Guy said he overboosted and melted the ringland off the fourth one. He also has an extra Y8 block and Y8 crank. Said I could get everything for $250.

I would like to use my B7 head and stay non-vtec with my 272 grind. This works out perfect because I planned on milling my head soon maybe .060 or so and doing a little porting for my n/a. If I use the milled head with the Y8/vitara block that'll put me right at 8:1

Anyone see seen any flaws in my plan?

Thx!

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Should work. Only potential issue is valve to piston clearance after taking 60 thou off. But worse comes to worse you just pick up another cheap/free B7 head and transfer your stuff over.

I have a fourth Vitara piston for you, by the way. Pay shipping ($10) and it's yours.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Yeah slapping a built motor together for a couple hundred bucks is going to be nice.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
might want to think about this....

y7 block has no provisions for an oil jet.

the b7 head needs an oil jet in the block to limit oil pressure.

how do you plan to solve this dilemma?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well ain't that a bitch. Thanks for the heads up danz. I guess it's either dig up an A6 block somewhere or jump in on the next RC D15 rod GB (hopefully).

Z6 casting will take a B7/A6 cam no?

·
Registered
'93 Civic D15B7/5spd
120 Posts
Z6 head will only take a Z6 cam. You can put a Y8 cam in there, but you'll want to use a Y8 cam gear or look up which direction the cam is cocked, I think it's off by a tooth or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts