Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had a thread about what I needed to do to make the Y8 IM from an auto work with an manual car, well that thread has disappeared, the reason I posted this up, is because a guy told me he was doing the same thing, and would post pics, then he did, only the site was down yesterday, and now the thread is gone. I need those pics!

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
yeah, no thoughts on your car troubles, but i definately started 2-3 threads yesterday and they all dissapeared, what the heck is going on?

·
Registered
423 Posts
ooh, yours has measurements, sweet.

K

·
0 Posts
I see pics and all but do you have to drill completly into the IM or does it curve towards the throttlebody ?? I need to do this since I bought a IM off ebay that should've been for a manual. :???:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kernal said:
I see pics and all but do you have to drill completly into the IM or does it curve towards the throttlebody ?? I need to do this since I bought a IM off ebay that should've been for a manual. :???:
you prolly noticed that you have one bolt hole already.

so, you have to drill the other bolt hole on the left and the two in the middle.

the left middle one gets drilled right through to the plenum.

the right middle one curves to the right so it comes out at the tb.

C

·
0 Posts
any one know what might happen if the drilled holes arent big enough? possibly a bog at high rpms maby?

K

·
0 Posts
Another question. Where is the A/T IACV be mounted if where an auto? The IM I have didnt have it that either.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kernal said:
Another question. Where is the A/T IACV be mounted if where an auto? The IM I have didnt have it that either.
on the tb, and no you cant just buy an auto tb. the auto iacv uses three wires, whereas the manual only 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts