Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well this is for my eg and i need some honest opinions the block i plan on using will be a y7 block, the head will have port and polish work done with a 5 angle valve job, comp cam, aem cam gear, aem fuel rail, aem fpr, and thats all for the head, y8 intake mani with z6 tb ported and port matched intake mani and honestly as far as the block goes what you my fellow d-series members prefer a z6 block or a y7 block, only two options, stock internals while the other gets buile so which would be better for power or would you guys not worry be straight

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes might be a little overkill, but im debating on which block to go with, would doing all of this on a z6 complete motor be more hp or less? thats what im getting at

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yes might be a little overkill, but im debating on which block to go with, would doing all of this on a z6 complete motor be more hp or less? thats what im getting at
no way to know for sure. we are not in your area, nor do we know your tuner.

and since you only listed psi, we can't help you either. psi means nothing with out knowing the size of the turbo, so cfm can be determined. whp goal is more what we want, so we can help you determine what is what.

as for the block part, z6 is the better bet for a build. but you can use either block, technically (i built a y7).

5 angle is over kill, a 3 would have done just fine. although head work is not nessessary, it doesn't hurt. as long as the intake sice was only ported and not polished.

also, porting of the tb to match the IM is a bad move. its best to keep a "step" between the IM and the TB. search around, the info on why this is bad is all over the website.

btw: asking how much psi blah blah blah might get you in trouble...
http://d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87611
^its a sticky in the FI section, since that is were this is usually asked, but i am pretty sure the same will apply here also.......

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tuning done myself, it is most definitly not my first, the turbo is a t3 57 trim, and the newest motor i just recieved is a d15b vtec, any insight on this motor would be helpful, all i really wanted to know is which setup i was planning with what i have posted would i get the greatest results out of?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts