Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am currently working on a 300whp turbo build. My question is about my heads.

I have 3 heads sitting around, a y7, y8, and z6. I hear that vtec don't really make any difference at high boost and high power levels. So i don't mind to stay with the y7. With whatever head i use i will be doing a 3 angle valve job and that's it. What it all comes down to is that if i decide i want more power later on how will the aftermarket be on each head?

I hope yall see where I'm going with this. if not just ask and I'll try to explain a little better.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I do believe the aftermarket is the best for the Z6 and it is one of the better flowing heads...a little search should turn up the answer your looking for

·
Registered
510 Posts
Many people I know who've done turbo builds prefer a non-vtec head because it makes tuning a lot simpler. If I were you I would strongly consider this concept when making your decision. Variable valve timing does not matter when you have 14 pounds of boost.

I think you will find the valve train upgrades and camshaft for the Y7 pretty easily.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Many people I know who've done turbo builds prefer a non-vtec head because it makes tuning a lot simpler. If I were you I would strongly consider this concept when making your decision. Variable valve timing does not matter when you have 14 pounds of boost.
you can turn vtec off....but just because it is more difficult doesnt mean that its not worth it...

·
Registered
510 Posts
turn it off?

What the hell are you talking about? If you turn off your cam profile at high RPMs is going to be not unlike a moped.

if you're going to have he head built is going to flow better than the Z6 anyway.

Non-vtec engines are simply better for turbo in every way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts