Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
i dont know, i have been trying to figure that out for awhile... i think it is the same as the P28 maps just retarded back 4 degrees across... dont take my word on that but my reasoning is that a stock D16z6 idles @ 16.50 degrees and a P28 basemap starts @ 16 degress whereas a D16y7/8 idles @ 12 degrees and so on and so forth...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know, i have been trying to figure that out for awhile... i think it is the same as the P28 maps just retarded back 4 degrees across... dont take my word on that but my reasoning is that a stock D16z6 idles @ 16.50 degrees and a P28 basemap starts @ 16 degress whereas a D16y7/8 idles @ 12 degrees and so on and so forth...
Well, a friend of mine recommended the Z6 basemap, but I wasnt sure if that sounded right or not.

Im not sure what the car is currently running on. I told Phearable.net exactly what was going on the car, but I just got my chip burner tonight, so I havent looked at it yet.

Hoping for someone to post up the answer Im looking for! =)

·
Registered
248 Posts
take the phearable chip and and only click read then save file to buffer then take it out, that will allow u to save the bin to your computer and we can look at it and help recomend something..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
NO... z6 basemap is not what you want

joseph davis has a good boosted y8 map on xenocron.com/bins (CROME section, find d16y8 ). edit the NA portion off it in CROME, rescale for injectors and make your own basemap.
Why the hell would I want to use a map set for 10-11+psi, and then try to revert that back down to a NA y7/y8??

Also, I can't seem to get much data off this chip

its the 27SF512
I hook it up, read file, save file, and the file has barely anything in it?

Am I doing something wrong or is this chip really that empty? I dont understand it cause my car was running decent (ignoring the fact my idle was messed up cause of my IACV)

·
Registered
248 Posts
ummm, well it should b a 32K file so i dont know... umm post it up i guess and we will look at it.. ill get u the D16y8 basemap on here in a few hours, gimme 4 hours from now and ill have it, i got to go to my dyno today and my laptop there has the map u need, gimme an e-mail...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've been told at WOT the Z6/P28 is at 25 Degrees where as the Y8/P2P is only at 16 degrees.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Why the hell would I want to use a map set for 10-11+psi, and then try to revert that back down to a NA y7/y8??
well, you obviously don't know anything about CROME or tuning with boost

when you make a boosted map, you add a new section to the tables that is used when the MAP sensor sees pressure, not vaccum. vacuum readings are the same for NA and boosted cars. otherwise, out of boost, a boosted car would drive like shit. the theory is, you leave the NA portion of the map to factory specs, and tune only the boost portion.

just do what i said. trust me, it will work just fine. no do NOT use anything except VTEC crossover and revlimiter from a z6 map. they are completely different, even in base timing.

the y8 is an OBD2 ecu and it uses realtime knock sensor feedback to dynamically change the timing values as the engine is running. so, there is no known OEM y8 base map to tune from. it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, you obviously don't know anything about CROME or tuning with boost

when you make a boosted map, you add a new section to the tables that is used when the MAP sensor sees pressure, not vaccum. vacuum readings are the same for NA and boosted cars. otherwise, out of boost, a boosted car would drive like shit. the theory is, you leave the NA portion of the map to factory specs, and tune only the boost portion.

just do what i said. trust me, it will work just fine. no do NOT use anything except VTEC crossover and revlimiter from a z6 map. they are completely different, even in base timing.

the y8 is an OBD2 ecu and it uses realtime knock sensor feedback to dynamically change the timing values as the engine is running. so, there is no known OEM y8 base map to tune from. it doesn't exist.
Sorry if I came off as an asshole, it just seemed kinda strange to use a boosted tune on my car. It just seemed like working backwards. Thanks for explaining =)

Well I finally got the readings off of this chip... I had to start it in the 8000 range instead of 000000.
I've had a few people email me basemaps... so I'm going to compair them later. I would show you the bin file, but I dont know where to host it.

Also, where do I download the 2-step plugin?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good luck puting this in a obd1 ecu :hammer:
Well regardless, I got the tune off of my chip finally

The phearable tune is looking pretty damn good believe it or not.
I just have to add a few plugins and change a few small things.

the vtec crossover is currently set to 5000, but shouldnt it be a lot lower on a mini-me? like 4400 or so?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well regardless, I got the tune off of my chip finally

The phearable tune is looking pretty damn good believe it or not.
I just have to add a few plugins and change a few small things.

the vtec crossover is currently set to 5000, but shouldnt it be a lot lower on a mini-me? like 4400 or so?
change it and see if you feel the crossover... if you do thats bad

crossover should be a smooth continuation of climbing power

·
Registered
402 Posts
Happy to see this topic, I'll be converting my Y8 to OBD1 for uberdata in the coming months, so this will come in handy.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts