Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have done day after day research and cant fi.d a complete anserr
That iam okay with okay im.running a chipped p28 ram horn mani a ebay t3/t4 450 injectors all I wanna know is 10psi safe .. On a y7 block

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
Can't understand what you are trying to say with such poor grammar, you need Versetta Stone.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Can't understand what you are trying to say with such poor grammar, you need Versetta Stone.
It's Rosetta stone unless versetta is like a knock off haha

·
Registered
662 Posts
Tell him your goal and he'll let you know if it's safe. Cause if your only goal is to tune based on psi you're not well enough informed to make that decision.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It's going to depend on your tune if your just trying to have a civic and slap a turbo on It and some 450 and call it a day don't do it 7-10 should be safe but when your tuning of their good they should Dial your car in and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well im getting it tuned the same day but im.putting it
All toghter and driving there I just want to.make
Sure 10psi for 200 210 isnt to.much

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Then take the waste gate spring out before its tuned. Like UNDERESTIMATED said, don't boost until it's tuned.

10 psi may yield you more than 200whp from that turbo, but it has a lot to do with how conservative your tune is along with many other variables. The bottom line is, don't set a psi goal, set a power goal. You said 200whp, so that's it. Forget about psi, you'd be happy if you hit 200 with 4 psi wouldn't you?

Then only time a new guy should worry about psi also is when running more than the map sensor can read, which from what I remember is about 10.5 psi.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh okay iam new to boost I have ran all motor all my life so I could hit 200 at and psi is
What saying is hp matters not psi

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Ok I have done day after day research and cant fi.d a complete anserr
That iam okay with okay im.running a chipped p28 ram horn mani a ebay t3/t4 450 injectors all I wanna know is 10psi safe .. On a y7 block
I call bull on the research.
Psi means nothing. Hp is your limit. Scratch that tq is your limit. To fast of a spike and your bend the rods. If the line is a nice smooth clim over the rpm it will be fine. So around 200ft lb tq. with good tune n 93 octane or higher.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would agree,if your only wanting small gains 5-10 psi should be fine without blowing your motor.. if the motor is in good shape still,but it may not run without a base map the injectors will prob flood the motor,also has anyone told you that you will need a 255lph fuel pump atleast.. there is a lot more than just slapping some stuff on and rocking out. I am about 4 months into my build and about 75% done just saying.........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didnt create this thread to listen to people call me dumb
I started to get answers I just wanna know what my block.will
Handle

1 - 20 of 66 Posts