Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so now ive heard people say this 3 or 4 times already in the past few days. ive got a y7 head laying around and the y8 head thats on my car. What's involved with this swap? What are the benefits?

i tried searching the forum for it and couldnt find anything to answer my questions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you'd be better off keeping the y8 guts imo. you get vtec from them lol

but v-tecivic is right. using the y7 guts in a y8 gets you a great flowing y7 head basically.

·
Registered
2000 4dr civic dx
357 Posts
In addition to a better flowing head, you have lighter valve train, smaller combustion chamber = more compression, and no VTEC.

You need Y7 valve rocker assembly, camshaft and I believe cam seals/caps (I forgot) along with the VTEC solenoid.

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have 2 complete heads...so to do it i'd just take everything outof the y7 head and put it in the y8....now...would i continue to run the p28 and just unhook vtec, or run a po6 and leave the vtec shit alone

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you'd be better off keeping the y8 guts imo. you get vtec from them lol

but v-tecivic is right. using the y7 guts in a y8 gets you a great flowing y7 head basically.

yeah...with the y8 head on my b7 block it feels really good up top from 4k-redline but below that its horrible. the b7 head was the other way around and it actually felt stronger than my setup now. trying to pick up a lil more low end (my b7 head has a few bent valves so putting that on wont solve the problem)

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay gettin pretty seriously about this now..need a couple of questions answered (cant find this setup anywhere)

when i do this valvetrain swap do i use the p28 and unhook vtec? or leave it hooked up?
or should i just run a p06

1 - 9 of 9 Posts