Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a nearly complete y8 engine sitting in the garage at my work. and i plan on swapping out the y7 for the y8 in a few days.

but i need some help to make sure i have everything i need before the swap. i need to know where the knock sensor is located. also where the IACV is on the y8, i know on the y7 its on the throttle body. but the engien i have doesn't have the throttle body.

or if anyone knows of a online engine manual that has all the pictures and their components.

Thanks
Shean

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
Now, now, kids

ok so i have a nearly complete y8 engine sitting in the garage at my work. and i plan on swapping out the y7 for the y8 in a few days.

but i need some help to make sure i have everything i need before the swap. i need to know where the knock sensor is located. also where the IACV is on the y8, i know on the y7 its on the throttle body. but the engien i have doesn't have the throttle body.

or if anyone knows of a online engine manual that has all the pictures and their components.

Thanks
Shean
The knock sensor should be in the Y8 block on the side facing the firewall. It's next to the oil filter and the oil pressure sensor. The Y7 block has the bung for it but there's no sensor screwed into it.

The IACV is on the Y8 IM again facing the firewall near the TB.

If you plan on using your Y7 TB then you should remove the IACV from the Y8 IM and plug the holes.

You can get parts diagrams on slhondaparts.com

You can get the complete 96-98 Helms manual in PDF format here.

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Civic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.