Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if I do y7 to Y8 tranny swap if clutch/flywheel/pressure plate and all arround it will fit ? Some guys here tell me that won't but I don't believe them that much...

thank you ! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not to steal your thread or anything but what type of 1/4 mile times could you expect to see with a y7 to y8 tranny swap? I'm thinking about doing one myslef and was always curious to see if anyone had any timeslips or predictions about what the swap would yield. Those y7 gears are sooo long!

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you are around 17sec, you can take 1 second around 16. but you can expect about half second.

K

·
0 Posts
I just did this swap last weekend, Y8 tranny, 11lb flywheel and a competition clutch stage 2 clutch. Everything bolts up just fine. If you have a headder, save yourself some trouble and just take the lower section off, it makes taking the lower tranny brace off alot easier. It's like driving a whole different car now. Accereration through the first three gears feels alot faster. I can't wait to see how it performs once i get my nitrous bottle filled.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
civic4ges said:
:shocked: What?
You surrely know that to between 18sec car and 16sec to 1/4 miles you maybe need about 20hp more...

You can expect much more HP if you have 13 sec car to drop 2sec.

It's what I meant.

Same thing If you have y8 tranny swap, If you run 18 sec, you can expect 2sec under, if you already run 14, you maybe gain .5sec .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts