Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had the chance to do the swap and I am amazed at how much of a difference it made in Throttle response. I had to ghetto my CAI into a SRI for the time being. Everything went well except for the paper towel I left inside The Y8 IM, OOPS. I fired it up and it spit and spat. Couldn't figure it out for a while cause I followed the DIY's here on D-series right to a T. It finally stalled after making this awefull metal on metal sound which convinced me I Bent or broke some valves so I tore the IM off and found the paper towel INSIDE THE HEAD jammed under the valves. I got most of it and put it all back together praying the rest would just burn out or some kind of miracle lol. It wouldn't start and there was good compression in two of the cylinders, 120 in one and 0 in the other. I thought I fucked it and was ready to go engine shopping. My step dad went at it for a while and he tried running it on just 3 cylinders and got the car running again. Must have worked it out or burned it. Anyways, the car runs like a charm now.Im not called a noob for nothing lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts