Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Fairly new to the scene. Been working on my sol for about a year looking for some input on it

Y7 block head Pistons
3 inch cai
70mm s2 alpha throttle body
S2 pro series manifold
Y8 240cc injectors
Aem cam gear on delta 272 cam advanced 2
50 dry shot nitrous
Dc ceramic 4-2-1 header
Cat delete 2.25 exhaust
Obd1 conversion
Chipped p06 basemap (not too good with Crome)
A/c delete
S8g trans

Looking for some input from anyone with knowledge on what to do next or whatnot!

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
167 Posts
Is this just a dream at the moment or are you actually doing it? *what is the status of your build progress? What is your end goal? What is the purpose of the car? Have you thought about boost?

remove throttle body and intake ,replace with z6 pieces ...
"Remove" as in do NOT purchase S2 parts... If you have already dropped cash on them, return them or resell them and use that cash for more parts. *if you plan to make 500hp or more than keep the S2 parts if you have purchased/installed them. Otherwise your money would be better spent elsewhere.

D16Y8 or D16Z6 Intake Manifolds and Throttle Bodies perform very well. I believe a few Bseries throttle bodies are 62mm if you do want to go larger. They bolt right up.

3in CAI is a little bit big. Try a 2.5in AEM or eBay.

eBay 4-2-1 header will perform as well as the DC sports one *on the basic NA build. Unless you need it to be CARB certified.

*Clarifications made ;)

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Is this just a dream at the moment or are you actually doing it?

he's talking about what he has

D16Y8 or D16Z6 Intake Manifolds and Throttle Bodies perform very well. I believe a few Bseries throttle bodies are 62mm if you do want to go larger. They bolt right up.

68mm oem B series throttle body? I love the way you edited your post noob

3in CAI is a little bit big. Try a 2.5in AEM or eBay.

Again you failed
I love the way you try to call me out by quoting me on a different subject. But again, you make yourself look like an ass hat.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
another op drive by.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey guys. Fairly new to the scene. Been working on my sol for about a year looking for some input on it

Y7 block head Pistons
3 inch cai
70mm s2 alpha throttle body
S2 pro series manifold
Y8 240cc injectors
Aem cam gear on delta 272 cam advanced 2
50 dry shot nitrous
Dc ceramic 4-2-1 header
Cat delete 2.25 exhaust
Obd1 conversion
Chipped p06 basemap (not too good with Crome)
A/c delete
S8g trans

Looking for some input from anyone with knowledge on what to do next or whatnot!
set up sounds solid for what it is.

keep the skunk2 unit and tb and the big intake. this set up most likely will not be optimal if all motor, but your spray it with a 50 shot. so the bigger s2 intake and big intak are should work just fine.

i would get it tuned, that will make a big difference, in how smooth the motor runs and also youll pick up some power in the rev range im sure.

not necessarily worth it at this point since the 2.25 exhaust is already on there, but you would pick up some power going to a 2.5 but only when you spray it. 2.5 may be to big for a bolted on factory long block.\

ive been running 3 inch exhaust set ups on my cars for years, turbo and all motor. ive seen all motor b16s pick up 3-4 hp just by going from 2.25 exhaust to 3 inch. im 2.5 on my all motor built d, but may go to 3inch at some point.

id also recommend switching to manual steering if you have p/s. loose some weight on the car and also loose a pulley (less parasitic loss).

stratton.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Lmao AJAY mad

You sir need to use the search function.
Thanks for stopping by to prove you know nothing ;)

Seriously! We have a ton of new threads from new members with no follow up.
Your ignorance is bliss. your lack of knowledge on cars is elementary. Stop while you can,. The false information you post is completely crap I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it. NOOB

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
167 Posts
OP nowhere to be found to provide clarification.
Meanwhile
Your ignorance is bliss. your lack of knowledge on cars is elementary. Stop while you can,. The false information you post is completely crap I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it. NOOB
Still mad?

Still no actual productive input...

You claim my ignorance is bliss and then say my knowledge of cars is "elementary"???

Bruh, you don't know me! Lmfao

Prove my knowledge elementary. Please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts