Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok its a weird story but here it goes.. my neighbor got his 99 ex stolen luckly it was found abandoned the next day, no surprise the engine was missing apparently someone wanted his engine tranny was still there though, so now he wants to put in a y7 he had laying from a past car which was wrecked(yep good driver) i was thinking on what exactly will we need to do this... we use the stock harness? the y7 came from a 97 dx so it being obd2a i thought maybe we needed the 97 harness which he still has around will the 97 harness even work on a 99 ex? what ecu we need for it and all that stuff..

Ive never done this obd2a with obd2b mixes so any help is welcome

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
you will need the y7 ECU (with same tranny type, I think)
OBD2a-OBD2b conversion harness

I'm sure someone will add some other stuff.

At least he gets to keep the y8 tranny... that's a bonus... they're better than the y7 trannies

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after looking at it again looks like we need a new harness, his harness is cut up bad, so shopping for it we only found a AT engine harness from a 99ex, will the AT harness work? or do we need the MT harness, is there any difference between them?

thanks for the reply hes gonna go ahead and order the obd2b to obd2a conversion jumper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts