Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped the y7(complete tranny and ecu and harness) Into 2000 ex . Fuel pump not priming ran hotwire to fuel pump and still wont start. Do I need the fuse box or anything else may keep it from Starting such as alarm or something???

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,635 Posts
did the car come with an immobilizer? are your grounds all connected, tight, and clean? main relay good? is the ecu a known working ecu?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I take it the guides available for auto 2 manual were read?

if not, jump the shifter connector pins as needed. verify info prior to acting on it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what does the dash do when you turn on the key.

is the y7 harness and ecu from a 99-00 car?
Dash lights cum on canxt recall exact ones in the warning cluster and the motor tranny and harness and main relay all out of a 96 or 97 Dx manual into 00 ex that was auto. I jumped the shifter wires and ran hotwire to fuel pump as it was not and still is not priming I still haven't mounted the pedal or shifter. Also am not sure I have all the plugs correct or the hoses for the IM and ones from fuel rail. I mean I looked at diagrams but still not positive e if could send li k to something that is dummy proof I'd be owing g u one. And tried both old auto ecu and manual ecu which was running In good condition when I pulled it . From the donor 97 that did have aftermarket alarm. Could that be an issue? Or maybe do I need swap fuse and relay boxes to go with harness and ecu`? It's so close to starting it actually has backfired kinda and seems like its gonna run then I let the key back and dies. Could dizzy be 180 out as I did change that and the timing belt when motor was out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did the car come with an immobilizer? are your grounds all connected, tight, and clean? main relay good? is the ecu a known working ecu?
Main relay and ecu came with the motor and tranny that was running good when I pulled it. The 97 DC manual was smashed in front and got it off Lego with title for 100$. Grounds haven't touched but I did add my own ground to the thermostat housing as the original ui nail one had been lost. Does the aftermarket alarm b an issue possibly? One that was on the 97 DC donor car?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
You should not have needed to swap main relays. If so, try the auto chassis main relay. Maybe the donor main relay with alarm is fried.

What exactly did you do to the shifter plug? details so people can check.

Should be 2 connections, one for "nuetral safety" and the other connection is for the reverse lights

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Read the guide here. Maybe something was missed?

Always some small detail is what was missed. Doesnt seem like it, but auto to manual swaps actually have a lot of little things needed to be done!

Quote from the auto shifter section:

"
Now this is pretty easy, but then again i love electrical. But all you need to do is connect 5 wires total. One of the plugs that you disconnected from the auto shifter is a 14P plug. Cut the plug off. Your going to have a 2 thick blk wires and 1 blk/blu wire, Solder those 3 together. Those together lets your car think its in park and releases the key and starts your car. Important

Next there is a yel/red wire and a grn/blk wire. Doesnt matter what way they go they do the same. These are for your reverse lights. Connect some line to them and run it through the firewall to your reverse light switch. And your set.
"

I wored my response WRONG with saying "should be 2 connections"

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,472 Posts
Dash lights cum on canxt recall exact ones in the warning cluster and the motor tranny and harness and main relay all out of a 96 or 97 Dx manual into 00 ex that was auto. I jumped the shifter wires and ran hotwire to fuel pump as it was not and still is not priming I still haven't mounted the pedal or shifter. Also am not sure I have all the plugs correct or the hoses for the IM and ones from fuel rail. I mean I looked at diagrams but still not positive e if could send li k to something that is dummy proof I'd be owing g u one. And tried both old auto ecu and manual ecu which was running In good condition when I pulled it . From the donor 97 that did have aftermarket alarm. Could that be an issue? Or maybe do I need swap fuse and relay boxes to go with harness and ecu`? It's so close to starting it actually has backfired kinda and seems like its gonna run then I let the key back and dies. Could dizzy be 180 out as I did change that and the timing belt when motor was out
control yourself and use a sock next time so you don't loose any more men..

This is not going to work unless
1-you have compared wiring diagrahms between the two cars and cum the dash.
2-you swap in the dash/body harness from the 97
C-you run a 99-00 engine harness and ecu

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Geez, I totally skipped over the fact of the OBD2A and B mis alignment.

Well, theres your problem lady!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts