Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after a couple hours of swapping out and running vacuum lines and such
I found that there is no way to mount the throttle cable

the Y7 manifold has 2 mounting holes that the BRACKET that holds the throttle cable goes into and feeds the reel on the TB

on the Y8 I do not see anywhere for it to mount except on the TB itself leavin the reel to be fed at a high angle where the throttle doesnt work so this is obviosly not the correct way to mount it

where do you guys mount it after you did a swap

or hell anyone with a Y8 manifold show a pic so I can see where ot mount the bracket at?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
with a little grinding and time you can rotate the throttle rotor on that throttle body.. took me 20 min.. you just have to look at it and figure it out..

after that the throttle cable angle is near perfect.

M

·
0 Posts
for the iac use a y8 auto throttle body (has iac on it)
or
use throttle rotor from y8 on your y7 and the y7 iac is allready on the tb

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
i'm not so sure about that, i have an auto y8 mani, and i've been looking it over, and there's a blank spot with one threaded hole on the backside where the iacv should mount, but there's not one on it. you have to tap the other hole, and drill two holes inbetween....

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
if you read the comments in that link i posted earlier, you'll see that he had to tap the other hole and drill two others...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
honda4vw
Guess im the kinda person who likes to do it right
what an asshole thing to say..

i do things right also, but you dont need to buy everything to be correct..

this is how you do it.. take off the throttle rotor, and spin it to there it needs to be.. it wont go on because there is a little grinding to be done.. look to see what needs to be grinded and do it, bolt on the throttle rotor and check for full rotation.. make adjustments if need be and then your done. takes 20 min and costs nothing if you have a grinder..

also i made my own throttle cable bracket..

y7 throttle cable works fine..

now if you dont have the tools or skills to do it then go out and buy what these people said you need. sure looks like if its done any other way it might not be the right way to them.. god forbid us to think and make something ourselfs and have it actually work..

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
konigcivic said:
honda4vw

what an asshole thing to say..

i do things right also, but you dont need to buy everything to be correct..

this is how you do it.. take off the throttle rotor, and spin it to there it needs to be.. it wont go on because there is a little grinding to be done.. look to see what needs to be grinded and do it, bolt on the throttle rotor and check for full rotation.. make adjustments if need be and then your done. takes 20 min and costs nothing if you have a grinder..

also i made my own throttle cable bracket..

y7 throttle cable works fine..

now if you dont have the tools or skills to do it then go out and buy what these people said you need. sure looks like if its done any other way it might not be the right way to them.. god forbid us to think and make something ourselfs and have it actually work..
It was an asshole thing to say, but buying the right part for the job is a sure way of making sure nothing goes wrong down the road.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i do understand your point.. dont think that i dont..

what im saying is he has your ideas for the correct thing to buy and my idea to do it right but for free.. let everyone reading this to decide on what path they want to chose and dont cut me down for doing it a different way.. cause thats bullshit..

second, since when is making something the wrong way of doing things?

now i understand if you dont have the skills then yes buying somthing is the correct way.

later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts