Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 lx and i want to boost it nothing crazy just 7 psi with a garret super 60 stock internals. Just looking for a little power till i can build the motor now my question is will the y7 intake manifold handle that? I know alot of people swap out for a y8 intake but im doing this on a budget and this car is my dd

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool is there a difference in power or anything what would be the bennifits of swaping it other than easy access for the charge pipe

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The y7 iirc use a 3 wire iac the only ecu that will control them is a obd2 ecu. How are you tuning for boost. You could use a fmu and ignition retarder. Swapping to a z6 or y8 2 wire iac manifold and swapping to obd1 would be a better idea.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im going to use crome pro with a chipped p06 would that effect me using the y7 manifold since it has the 3 wire iac

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
im going to use crome pro with a chipped p06 would that effect me using the y7 manifold since it has the 3 wire iac
Yes all obd1 ecu can only run a 2 wire iac. Just nut up and gat a z6 or y8 intake would be best but you can also run a b7,a6.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes all obd1 ecu can only run a 2 wire iac. Just nut up and gat a z6 or y8 intake would be best but you can also run a b7,a6.
i was afraid you would say that im just on a tight budget and a manifold swap is just more time and money.I dont suppose there is a way to just change the iac to a 2 wire on the y7 manifold is there?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
No I have not seen a solutions. There is a feature in crome to disable the iac and code but the idle becomes very sloppy and sensitive I would not call that a solution.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i was afraid you would say that im just on a tight budget and a manifold swap is just more time and money.I dont suppose there is a way to just change the iac to a 2 wire on the y7 manifold is there?
Tight budget and Boost should never be used together bud. A Y8 or Z6 IM can be had for $20-$50 shipped! 2 wire IACV $15 shipped. The IACV bolts on the back of the IM whereas the Y7 3 wire style is on the TB. If your running OBD1 your going to have to do the mani swap along with the 3 wire to 2 wire conversion which is easy. You can probably score the IACV and enough of pigtail from the junkyard. Or find someone online selling them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can make a plate with 2 fitting to mate to where the y7 IACV is, then run hose to another plate on a 2 wire IACV. I did it for years and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You can make a plate with 2 fitting to mate to where the y7 IACV is, then run hose to another plate on a 2 wire IACV. I did it for years and it works fine.
This would work actually. Never really would have thunk this up myself lol. I suppose you could even block off the 3 wire iac run a 2 wire make a plat one side to filtered air before the tb and one side to a vac line and that would also do it.

In general all the iac dose is let air around the tb to raise rpms if they climb to high it closes off.............. So I could see making some kind of crazy contraption.

·
Registered
841 Posts
A z6/y8 mani will not empty wallet man..there cheap as hell and theres plenty floating around..if your gonna do it, do it the right way and get it over with

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very true the b7 would probably be the cheapest and easiest one of the 3 to get a hold of but in my opinion I would try to get a y8 IM over the z6 or b7...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts