Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 EG8, 1992 CB7
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking on here for quite some time and cant really find exactly what I am looking for. There are thousand of threads on the Y8 on Z6 mini me swaps, but there is not anything about doing a Y7 on a Z6 block. i know there is a guy on here that has this set up and drives it daily, or at least he did. What i want to know is what i would need to do this. I currently have the JDM D15B SOHC ZC non vtec motor, which has the P2A-10 head, which ive confirmed is basically a Y7 head. I am picking up a Z6 block because the block have now the rings are bad and smokes quite a bit. I really do not have the time to rebuild the motor right now so i was just going to get a block and just swap the block for now. What would i need to do to make this happen? Would i need a different cam gear? would i need a ticker or thinner head gasket? Or is it just mat the head to the block and go kind of thing? any input, advice, or information would be helpful thank you

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Why not hone and put in new rings? It would take you an extra hour or 2 to do that vs just swapping the Z6 block.

Ball hone is $30-40 and NPR rings are $30-40

·
Registered
1993 EG8, 1992 CB7
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well right now this car is my daily and my other car i am doing a trans swap in it, so i was wanting to just bang this out as quick as possible. Plus eventually i am wanting to go boost and rods and pistons are easier to find for the z6 than the b7(which is what my bottom end is equivalent to). I am going to rebuild the bottom end i have in the car now, i also have to get a new crank, I think, because the guy that had the car before me broke the key off on the crank where the harmonic balancer goes on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts