Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have to use the Z6 rail for fitment to the Z6 IM. i bought a Z6 head and it came with the intake so i might as well loose the Y7 Piece of garbage. So im wondering if I will run into any implications since Z6 injectors Spit more cc's of fuel.
Thanks in advance
Barry

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
no y7 injectors flow 190cc while the z6 flow 240, use the 240cc's...

as for the y7 fuel rail stuff...

use the z6 rail with the z6 fpr.. the y7 will not work with the z6..

if you use the y7 fuel rail use the y7 fpr and you will have to drill a hole in the middle where the rail bolts to the IM.

if you use the 190cc injectors with the z6 and are using a p28 or something, it will run lean... use the z6/y8 injectors... what ever obd series your engine harness is...

as for the distributor, use the z6, take internals out and put in the y8 internals. i dont think the y8/y7 distributer will bolt to the z6 head.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If he is running the Y7 ECU with the 240's from a Z6 or Y8 he is gonna run rich and it's not worth it. Stick with Y7 injection stuff until you upgrade your ecu.

i forgot to mention that i was taking about the injectors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, I'm running the Y7 ECU so using the Z6 injectors is out of the question. My options are to either modify the IM for the Y7 Fuel to attach properly or use all Y7 Injection components except for the Z6 Fuel Rail and FPR. Thank you SOHCPower for that diagram, visually it looks like both FPR's are interchangeable but you would have to take it off to notice the fuel return lines are offset. I would Prefer not to drill into the IM if possible so Will using the Z6 Fuel Rail and FPR with all other Y7 Injection components work or not?
Thanks in advance,
Barry

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Like I said, I'm running the Y7 ECU so using the Z6 injectors is out of the question. My options are to either modify the IM for the Y7 Fuel to attach properly or use all Y7 Injection components except for the Z6 Fuel Rail and FPR. Thank you SOHCPower for that diagram, visually it looks like both FPR's are interchangeable but you would have to take it off to notice the fuel return lines are offset. I would Prefer not to drill into the IM if possible so Will using the Z6 Fuel Rail and FPR with all other Y7 Injection components work or not?
Thanks in advance,
Barry
they are not interchangable thats what im saying. the hole where the fpr meets the rails are offset like you said.
like z6 fpr will not work on y7 rail and vise versa, fuel will spray out... lol i found this out first hand.

if your going to use a y7 fuel rail, just drill a hole for the middle stud from the IM. thats what i did.

if you use z6 fuel rail and fpr, the fuel return like is right there on driver side so it illiminates the use of that metal piping.

i was under the assumption you already had an ecu for the vtec thats why i suggested not to use the y7 injectors.

the top one is z6 it has the 3 holes to bolt to the intake manifold. the y7 only has 2. so you could either remove the stud from the IM or drill the middle hole and have it bolted down like that if you use the y7 one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts