Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will it work?? i got a bare Z6 block im about to build, but the Z6 crank had a thrown bearing. i really dont want to fix it just use a crank i know is good..

if it wont work, what cranks will? thanks

ps ive searched some and couldnt find an answer =/

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
i believe its the same. but let somone else say for sure.

·
Registered
97 Civic DX
692 Posts
find an a6 or another z6 crank. dont use the y series shit.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
the only difference iirc is that the z6 has 2 oil holes per journal and the y series only has 1

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
whats wrong with Y series?? nothing at all..considering there are people running 10sec 1/4 miles with them.

·
Registered
97 Civic DX
692 Posts
when you say people you really mean PERSON, correct ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
theres alot i dont like about y series, mainly how many of them ive tore down to see what happened an it always was the 4th cylinder with a thrashed bearings and burnt rod, that basicaly weldin the bearing shavings into the crnnk. not hatin but i just wont mess with them nomore

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
when you say people you really mean PERSON, correct ?
maybe in the 10s...but countless with big HP and been running for years. im around 2000miles on my D16y7 block with vitara and h beams. and acl bearings....ill believe all this talk when somthing happens to mine.

·
Registered
97 Civic DX
692 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah I know about the oil pump shit. but thats what the big bore toga is for. i hope. yall need to stp scaring me damn it. this Y series better last until I get my Z6 sleeved.

·
Registered
97 Civic DX
692 Posts
speaking of toga, where do you get one for cheap ?

sorry OP for getting off topic.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
how can you use a Z6 oil pump on a Y series block? you would have nowhere to check the oil depth.

·
Registered
97 Civic DX
692 Posts
they are 155bux on the site you posted. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol im not looking for much power out of this.. just a running block, my Driver side mount ripped out of my block. how? idk i have a bare block ( Z6 ) with no Z6 crank so my plan will be to tare down the D16Y7 find some pistons ( A6 ) new OEM bearings rings ect... slap on the Z6 head and ride out.. sick of looking at my car in the drive way :/

waiting for my CRX to be delivered so i can stop messin with my daily :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts