Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a repost, i searched and didnt find what i needed.
I recently screwed up the #1 rod bearing in my 2000 d16y8. The crank is damaged so i'm going to replace it. I purchased a 1997 d16y7 longblock with a blown headgasket for 50 bucks witch hopes to find that the crank was still good, which it is so i'd like to use that. I was fairly certain that it's the same crank but i just want to get a second opinion before i rip my car apart. I already know that the crank pulley will fit on it because i had a spare pulley to test it with. Anyone have first hand experience with this?

Also, what's the easiest/fastest way to pull the crank? I already know i need to pull the timing belt and oil pump off the front, but i'm trying to figure out if it will be faster to just pull the tranny out of the way (5 speed) in order to get the flywheel and rear main seal/cap off. I'd like to avoid pulling the motor if i can help it because of the hoses and mess. Anyone else do it like this? i am fairly familiar with taking the motor apart and putting it back together but i never pulled the crank in the car.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
435 Posts
same crank good to go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts