Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
vw polo+austin mini
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want my d16y7 to go better i got beat by my mates d15 :(
changing the cam will make it better but what kind of difference does doing a minime conversion make is it well worth it or just worth me uprating my cams
also z6 or y8 which is best for yurbo aplication ?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
power to the 1.5!!!!!!!!!!

First off, what regulations has the queen set upon thee?

I assume you have a manual 5 speed, a tranny swap to a Z6/Y8 tranny is a BIG improvement, might be why a puny D15 walked you.

·
Registered
vw polo+austin mini
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
d15 is stock
d16 has a edelbrock victor x other than that stock
ive looked at the minime con but the wiring looks a bit to much for me to do :(
no one near me has even heard of a minime so no chance of any help !
oh and a light weight flywheel it suposedly reduces torque ? or so i heard

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
y7 cam, but you have to let it breath a bit, y8 intake and exhaust manifold at least. You can beat easily stock z6 once tuned.

·
Registered
vw polo+austin mini
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where can i get bisimoto cams from ?
would be a lot easier than mini me !

·
Registered
766 Posts
y7 cam, but you have to let it breath a bit, y8 intake and exhaust manifold at least. You can beat easily stock z6 once tuned.
He's already got a Victor X intake, so he'll probably be ok. A Y8 exhaust and cat would probably help out, and certainly a Z6/Y8 transmission

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
where can i get bisimoto cams from ?
would be a lot easier than mini me !
Money exhange is on your side from england, If you want cheaper, delta cam offer good regrind, but don't go to agressive, I ever had 272 (very good) and 282 (I was disapointed due of too much material removed from the core, which gave me some valves adjustments issues and result was almost the same) about 100 $USD, Bisimito is more than twice of the price, there is not big difference between Delta 272 and bisimoto stage 2, maybe few hps and react about the same.

If you want more information, PM me, I'll give web adress and feelings about these cams.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
skunk2 is very big for stock engine, and without tuning. Lack of fuel past 5000+, I had experience with intake swap and tuning, believe me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts