Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm still waiting on the machine shop to finish my engine but hopefully will be up and running soon.
there are a couple things different then the last time i posted.
the block is .020 over with forged srp pistons/nitrous rings 12.6:1 comp.
scat rods/arp bolts
golden eagle block guard
ported y7 head(by me)
bisimoto stage 2.3 nitrous regrind0.431/0.445 (238/241)just shipped off!
bisi pro springs
bisi intake/heat shield gasket
aem adjustable cam gear
port mached y8 intake
moxbore ported y7 throttle body(60mm)
wabro 255
560cc(evo 8) injectors
msd 6al ignition box/cap/coil/wires
waiting on bisi v2 header...and will run 3inch exhaust with a 22' glasspack and a full body dynomax race muffler.
i will be tuned on stock exhaust and manifold till the bisi header comes out.
i still need to buy a obd1 non vtech ecu and tune with ectune!
motor mount inserts
215/60 14 mickey thomson drag radials
all this and a 150hp kit of nitrous
3gallan fuel cell with it's own walbro 255 pump, aromotive regulater and filter with c16 all just for the nitrous!
not bad for a slow daily driver:bigok:
so what you guys think? let me know

·
Banned
91 tempo,88 crx
499 Posts
sounds like a sweet build and id love to see some ##
rep for y7 underdog style

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i'll post up some numbers when the car is up and running. but...my goal is 150-160whp on motor once i have the bisi header and exhaust. and about 300whp and 300wtq on bottle:bigok::tank:
should go 11s on bottle if i meet my goal. only time will tell

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good luck and hope you have a fantabulous tuner in your area.
yes the guy who is gonna tune it is really good. but i'm still considering having bisi tune it.......

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i gotta question for you guys.......
how much of a difference will a lightweight flywheel make? are they worth it???
are there any cons to it???

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Pros:
-The engne will rev faster allowing you to match your RPMS for downshifts (If you don't suck)
-Once the car is rolling, the car will accelerate faster

Cons:
-The car will not accelerate from a stop as quickly due to less potential energy storage
-Once rolling, the car will not accelerate as quickly
-Can make starting up a hill a bit more bothersome, especially if you have a stupid clutch

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Pics or die.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Pros:
-The engne will rev faster allowing you to match your RPMS for downshifts (If you don't suck)
-Once the car is rolling, the car will accelerate faster

Cons:
-The car will not accelerate from a stop as quickly due to less potential energy storage
-Once rolling, the car will not accelerate as quickly
-Can make starting up a hill a bit more bothersome, especially if you have a stupid clutch
hmmmm
well i'm a drag racer not a roll racer, and i'm gonna need a pretty good clutch for the power i plan on making so maybe i'll have to stick with a stock flywheel. thanks for the info. rep

edit: damn. i guess i don't rep enough. the last person i rep was beaver so i won't let me rep him again.lol. and i have - 2. wtf.lol.

oh and i don't have many pics right now but when i get the engine back from the machine shop then i'll post some pics.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
only things id change are the IM and TB> I wouldn't port macth the mani to the head id cut open the plenum and work on that and id either get a stock TB or just get an LS TB thats 60mm, probably cheaper than getting one bored. Also if that AEM cam gear is the 3 bolt, get rid of it and get a 5 bolt one

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just got the cam gear in friday...it's a 5 bolt. i ordered it from bisi cause they don't currently make a cam gear for d16ys.
and for intake...i will probably open it up and rework it inside as well as port match. and for the throttle body...on craigslist everyone wants at least 50bucks for a ls tb and the ls's are only 58mm. having mine bored to 60mm cost 100 bucks including shipping and everything so i thouhgt was a good deal.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well some LS TBs are 60mm some are 58, id hit up a JY and see what you can find, you dont want to big of a TB it'll kill your useable power. And good on the cam gear, the 3 bolts are teh gayness

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why such big injectors arnt they a little to big
yes but i got them for 20 bucks. but with them being so big it also gives me the option of running a huge dry shot cause i can tune it for a dry shot now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well some LS TBs are 60mm some are 58, id hit up a JY and see what you can find, you dont want to big of a TB it'll kill your useable power. And good on the cam gear, the 3 bolts are teh gayness
well i figure that since it's gonna loose low end power from head porting, bigger intake manifold, and cam that a bigger throttle body will be better component matched. i'm already sacrificing low end so it ain't gonna make that big a difference.
oh and bisi said that a 60mm would work best with my combo.

·
Registered
my civic
780 Posts
oh cause i planned on getting a 100 shot direct port after i get my valvetrain but i bought rc 370cc injectors but payed 320 i would have got thos to

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
could have gotten Prelude h22 injectors, they are 370, quite a bit cheaper
Bondo-I got ya with the TB thing, as for the injectors your going to need them that big for 300hp anyway

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
could have gotten Prelude h22 injectors, they are 370, quite a bit cheaper
Bondo-I got ya with the TB thing, as for the injectors your going to need them that big for 300hp anyway
well i didn't realize i would need them that big to make that kinda power. i only got them that big cause they were cheap.lol. plus i figure it's better to have too much than not enough. i guess it worked out then.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts