Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm building my engine i'm doing a y7 block with z6 head and the question i have is what arp studs do i use Y7? or Z6? I already bought arp headstuds from tunertoys.com but the z6 studs didn't fit they were too long I think they sent the wrong ones but now they don't want to change them which sucks big time I've bought lots of thing from them and now they are not helping at all.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
there is 1 stud thats diffrent i called arp for the stud and got it free but i got the motor like this and just needed the one stud so i dont know what studds i have

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
IT IS NECESSARY TO MIX AND MATCH HEAD BOLTS/STUDS ON THIS INSTALL! The OEM z6 bolts are 140mm in length, while the y7 bolts are 120mm in length. The reason for this can be found in the back left corner of the z6 head. The head height is 20mm higher for the back corner bolt then the y7 head height. You MUST use a 140mm z6 bolt in this location. Use of a shorter 120mm y7 bolt WILL result in the threads being pulled from the block over time. EDIT: Dam i really had to dig to find this info.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot I've been looking for this info all over the place but couldn't find anything i only found about b7 with z6 head and y7 block wit y8 head...

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
I think what you do for any mini me is use the belt that goes with the head. so you would use the Z6 belt with your build. now that i think of it i cant really remember. i think thats how it goes haha

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
You can use the y7 or z6 timing belt. I used the y7 timing belt when I did mine since it look seem to be in a better condition than my z6 one. So yeah neither.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts