Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any pictures of stock y7 and y8 pictures.

i was reading over some of the specs. and from what i have seen the rod length is the same as well as the stroke. but the piston dish is larger on the y7 then the y8, but the y7 combustion chamber is smaller then the y8.

so if i got a y8 long short blocka dn put my y7 head on it it will boost the CR compared to a y7/y7 or y8/y8.

and if thats the case why do people say with the mini-me swap you gain in CR.

ive read that stuff on here. y7 piston dish is 3.3mm and y8 is 2.8mm. and the y7 combustion chamber is 32cc's (roughly) and the y8 is 33.6cc's.

basically i would like to build a slightly higher CR engine with the Vtec ability. if not then ill just put the y8 in my car and get a vtec controller.

anyways Thanks,
Shean

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
does anyone have any pictures of stock y7 and y8 pictures.

i was reading over some of the specs. and from what i have seen the rod length is the same as well as the stroke. but the piston dish is larger on the y7 then the y8, but the y7 combustion chamber is smaller then the y8.

so if i got a y8 long short blocka dn put my y7 head on it it will boost the CR compared to a y7/y7 or y8/y8.

and if thats the case why do people say with the mini-me swap you gain in CR.

ive read that stuff on here. y7 piston dish is 3.3mm and y8 is 2.8mm. and the y7 combustion chamber is 32cc's (roughly) and the y8 is 33.6cc's.

basically i would like to build a slightly higher CR engine with the Vtec ability. if not then ill just put the y8 in my car and get a vtec controller.

anyways Thanks,
Shean
I've read just the opposite, Y8 head has smaller combustion chambers than a Y7 head, and Y7 has slightly larger pistons, there fore Y7 bottom end and Y8 head yeald the highest compression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts