Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just have a quick question before I head up to my storage... will the D16Y7 oil pan bolt up to a D16Y8 block without issue?

My friend needs an oil pan because his is leaking so I offered him mine. I don't see why it wouldn't but they are slightly different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense. Do you think a D15B pan will work with the Y8?

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
Wrong info.

no it will not.
Yes it does. There is no issue.

oil pick-ups are different if im not mistaken.
You are mistaken the pickups are the same.

Makes sense.
It does? Both these guys are wrong.

D17A1 pans will also bolt up to a Y7 or Y8 provided you use the D17 pickup so maybe that's where the confusion is.

The Y7 pan is made out of stamped steel and has a little less capacity but it will bolt up to the Y8 block no problem except that you won't be able to use the Y8 tranny to engine stiffener bracket but you can use the Y7 stiffener if you feel you really need it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes it does. There is no issue.

You are mistaken the pickups are the same.

It does? Both these guys are wrong.

D17A1 pans will also bolt up to a Y7 or Y8 provided you use the D17 pickup so maybe that's where the confusion is.

The Y7 pan is made out of stamped steel and has a little less capacity but it will bolt up to the Y8 block no problem except that you won't be able to use the Y8 tranny to engine stiffener bracket but you can use the Y7 stiffener if you feel you really need it.
Exactly..I put a y7 steel pan on a y8 for ground clearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts