Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where to start. How about just a list of questions....

are the y5 and y8 intake manifold the same?
Will a b18 throttle body work with said IM?
Do I have to swap the ECU if I do that?
What obd1 ecu can I use in place of an obd2 vtec-e ecu? with and/or without a y8 head.*
*Is it worth putting a y8 head on a y5 block?
will just swapping the ecu another v-tec ecu change when the vtec kicks in, any added power?
can I use an non-tuned ecu until I have my mods finished? I want to tune when I'm finished with my mods but can't stand the obd2. Too temperamental!
what problems may I have using a non vtec ecu?

The y5 is my base and I'd like some more power out of it without doing a complete engine swap.If I think of any more questions I will post them as I think of them unless they are answered in the process. Thanks in advance for your time.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how do z6 parts compare to y5 and/or y8 stuff? Intake manifold, head, etc...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
withoutonline said:
are the y5 and y8 intake manifold the same?
Will a b18 throttle body work with said IM?
Do I have to swap the ECU if I do that?
What obd1 ecu can I use in place of an obd2 vtec-e ecu? with and/or without a y8 head.*
*Is it worth putting a y8 head on a y5 block?
will just swapping the ecu another v-tec ecu change when the vtec kicks in, any added power?
can I use an non-tuned ecu until I have my mods finished? I want to tune when I'm finished with my mods but can't stand the obd2. Too temperamental!
what problems may I have using a non vtec ecu?
No,
Yes but you will have to port match the IM
Not if it's MPFI
P07 OBD1 off a VX or P28 OBD1 with Y8
Yes it's worth doing
It will change if you swap from a VTEC-E to VTEC but the VTEC hae about the same engagment point.
Yes the ECU doesn't have to be chipped, get it on the rollers when your happy with your choice in mods.
nonVTEC ECU will no VTEC but it should run fine.

The general thoughs are that the Z6 head flows better so is better for the numbers but the Y8 has higher compression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts