Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know xtd clutch why would you buy one, but I was running low on funds at the end of my build.

I ran it for about 8k miles and it started to slip once I upped my hp to 220hp ( from ~165hp ) and this was on my DD.
Before that it wasn't too bad, felt like stock.
Took my tranny off this weekend to upgrade to a competition clutch stage3 and found that the pressure plate was unevenly engaging my clutch and damaged my fly wheel ( .035 had to be taken off to get it true again )

In my opinion I wouldn't run another one of their clutches again from their lack of good QC.

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
i was thinking abt it to, just curious what flywheel were you using?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,891 Posts
xtd stage one uses a stock pp and a diff disk. your clamping force comes from the pp. thats why it was slipping so soon. you were running a stock clutch pretty much

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
for the price it is cheap and this is the selling point of them.
i got one as well. :) wait till i start boosting to see if it holds or not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
for the price it is cheap and this is the selling point of them.
i got one as well. :) wait till i start boosting to see if it holds or not.
It won't hold up trust me. had a XTD in my CRX. once i got to about 185ish HP the clutch became a massive draw back. Really crappy clutches for anything other than stock. Just my exp with them.

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
xtd stage one uses a stock pp and a diff disk. your clamping force comes from the pp. thats why it was slipping so soon. you were running a stock clutch pretty much
if the disk has a higher coefficient of friction then the power it can hold is still increased.

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was running a stock flywheel, and the pp was applying force unevenly ( half was stiffer than the other side ) wore my fly wheel at an angle. And yes I did torque it to spec.

·
Registered
94 hatch
450 Posts
ive had good luck with 3 stg 3 clutches from them, had them in my last 2 hondas (92 si hatch (z6) 91 integra (b18a1) and my 94 cx hatch (b18a1)

·
Registered
92 civic dx
84 Posts
Just wanted to add +1.....never use xtd. I used one on my OE d15. the disc fell apart after 8 months.

Since I got my SPEC 4 puck.....no problems whatsoever

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
752 Posts
I've used XTD clutches and flywheels, for over 7yrs and 5 turbo/supercharge/twincharge builds and never had a problem.

Keep everything clean, align and torque the PP bolts down in the correct sequence, when installing.

With my Twincharge setup I have finally started making enough torque to get the XTD stage 5 clutch to slip.

For the money I have had no major issues.

Well wait there was one, the stage 3 and 5 clutches act as on/off switches when you first break them in.

Drive the first 500miles with a lot of gear changes but light on the gas pedal and they will last and that will correct the problem.

·
Registered
2000 Civic Cx HB
23 Posts
For a daily driver, would this have the same feel as a stock clutch?
The car does more then 40km a day sometimes in one direction.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
For a daily driver, would this have the same feel as a stock clutch?
The car does more then 40km a day sometimes in one direction.
why would you even consider it, when hes saying it DIDNT EVEN CLAMP EVENLY?

lol people are so lame minded these days. PENNY WISE DOLLAR STUPID.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.