Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my turbo kit in a few days. Bought it on ebay. Anyone have anything to say about these kits. I.E. manifolds cracking, ic piping, and just the quality. The kit comes with t3/t4, manifold, ic, piping, wategate, bov, fittings, down pipe. Am I screwed or are these things the real deal. Impulse buy.

IF ANYONE has used 8.5:1 pistons and h-beams let me know.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the contrary....a aquaintence of mine is running the kit, and the turbo is doing just fine! the only thing wrong with his was a miss angled DP and the welds on the mani but he just rewelded the mani, and rebent the dp and everythings all good!

·
Registered
406 Posts
typically ss autoshit is cheaply made, but i know someone running their manifold without any issues, you should be fine with that kit.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sohc_sol said:
bad choice...
I agree with this, sorry to say! WE've heard some bad stories of these kits over here in the UK. If you register or log onto Honda Tech forum and do a search on those kits, youll find all the info youre looking for! From what ive read, any of the ebay kits are naff, badly welded manifolds etc, poor piping etc.. Worth doing a search and finding out more info before installing! Just my tuppenceworth!

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
kyle said:
theres a gigantic thread on here with over a tho0usand posts, use the search
Yes the search feature can answer many questions.

That being said I have an SSauto manifold. Seems to be holding up fine, no cracking or leaks, but I do have a very sturdy brace on it. Would I reccomend for someone to get one? No. You will just replace it later on anyway. Just save for some decent parts that you only have to buy once. It will save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
184 Posts
these kits are alot better now, than they ever were before..a buddy of mine has one, and its fine, the manifolds come braced now...you can add extra bracing if you need....it wont crack if its braced...these kits break alot because people drive on them like they are 3000$ turbo kit....its an entry level turbo kit, and its good for that only...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I love how the noobs come out of the freaking woodwork every damn SSAC thread.

That being said, the manifolds and downpipes are garbage. The turbos and wastegates have mixed reviews.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would buy the same kit again in a heart beat, thats my opinion... Going from an n/a civic to a boosted civic, regardless of who made your turbo, you will be happy for making that decision.

If you plan on squeezing out every drop of horsepower I'd say no on this kit, but if you want something thats inexpensive, and well worth the cost, go for it. I have had mine for 6 months now and after shortening the downpipe, I have no complaints about the kit...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I look at it like this. If I was gonna do stock D series or LS, then this kit's just fine. If I was gonna do VTEC B series or a built D, then I go get a $3K kit.

This kit should just about push your stock D rods to their HP limit. Do this kit, add injectors, and Crome, and be done with it, if your using a stock D motor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts