Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way, I am going to buy some injectors soon was wondering which ones would be best for my 280-300hp goal. Here is my build in a nut shell, by each component feel free to suggest something new. Thanks

D16a6 Block
y8 head(still debating on springs and cam)
eagle h beams
cp flat top pistons
gt25 garret BB turbo
flea-bay cast mani
arp head studs
debating on rod and main bearings? what would you use? I was liking the price on the clevite race bearings. The ACL race look more bad ass though, but I dont think there are necessary for my mild build. But I might buy a bigger turbo someday and crank it up. I think this current turbo is gonna be balls to the wall trying to flow even 260hp.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That chart showed like 526cc if I desired 300 hp to the fly wheel. Who think all thinks the 450 are fine? I have a set that were in the car, but I will probably buy a new set. These ones look old and shitty.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you are wantin ~300 or so go with some 500 or 550 and be done. If they are a tad small then you can up the fuel pressure just a bit to help. Have to make sure your fuel pump can handle the extra pressure though.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
450's can do it, its just on the edge of maxing them out. I put down 341 dynojet to the wheels on my 450's at 94% duty and guess what...2 stuck wide open lol. As you see in my sig, 297 whp on a mustang dyno (they read a bit low) its fine on the 450's but some overhead is always a plus.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
A lil bigger incase you wanna upgrade your turbo later, saves from buying bigger ones later.

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
i have always found that bigger is better because yes you may only want 300 now but eventually you are going to want to go for more and why rebuy parts again. all of my builds ive always overbuilt for more power than i was shooting for. i started at 300 aswell but built it so it could take alot more. just seems efficient to me to do it that way. turbo on the other hand is a whole other matter. to big and you got problems to small and you got problems thats the only piece that i would rebuy as my power goals went up.

side note if you get injectors that are way bigger than your power goals doesnt that lead to lower load on them and increase fuel mileage since they arent working at 90 plus % duty cycle?

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
i have always found that bigger is better because yes you may only want 300 now but eventually you are going to want to go for more and why rebuy parts again. all of my builds ive always overbuilt for more power than i was shooting for. i started at 300 aswell but built it so it could take alot more. just seems efficient to me to do it that way. turbo on the other hand is a whole other matter. to big and you got problems to small and you got problems thats the only piece that i would rebuy as my power goals went up.

side note if you get injectors that are way bigger than your power goals doesnt that lead to lower load on them and increase fuel mileage since they arent working at 90 plus % duty cycle?
Idk about better mpg's. Currently my 450's on my n/a build are working at 30-40% at wot. But less worries about inj malfuntions.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
1000cc inj.....will allow you to go e85 down the road....750cc otherwise.....

I can gaurentee I will see a fs add with that turbo over the winter cuz u WILL want more...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1000cc inj.....will allow you to go e85 down the road....750cc otherwise.....

I can gaurentee I will see a fs add with that turbo over the winter cuz u WILL want more...
I got money on this... lol damn human nature! Why have one chick when you could have twins... Yeah, thats why I have put money into the rest of the components.. I am leaving room for boredom to push me past practical power. I was thinking of using arp studs for the main caps and girdle as well.. While I am having machined. This is something you want to have them do, the arps can cause a slight warp on the block do to the increased torque they require. Any ways I will go 750cc then as long as long as there is no side effect of going a bit too large. Thanks guys.

If I buy the 750cc injectors on the fs add under "turbo goodies" how much will it cost to properly add a resistor box for them to work? Thanks I will buy these when he pms me back as long as your guys think they are worth it.

OH and Scott20 I am loving your write up on the How to hook up coolant lines. I will be using it as a reference on my garret.

p.s. If you are reading this on a saturday YOUR A LOSER with no life! Just like me!lol

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Not a loser...a dad weekend....and dso gives me something to do while I stand outside and smoke :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you say you were running dsm 450's....if so then the resistorrs should already be wired in.....otherwise I think its 5bucks for a two pack of resistors at radio shack, 8 for the 35 or 45watt soldering iron, and t bucks for silver solder< that one is important get the 80/80/20 silver solder

·
Registered
88 RT4wd civic wagon
6 Posts
I got money on this... lol damn human nature! Why have one chick when you could have twins... Yeah, thats why I have put money into the rest of the components.. I am leaving room for boredom to push me past practical power. I was thinking of using arp studs for the main caps and girdle as well.. While I am having machined. This is something you want to have them do, the arps can cause a slight warp on the block do to the increased torque they require. Any ways I will go 750cc then as long as long as there is no side effect of going a bit too large. Thanks guys.

If I buy the 750cc injectors on the fs add under "turbo goodies" how much will it cost to properly add a resistor box for them to work? Thanks I will buy these when he pms me back as long as your guys think they are worth it.

OH and Scott20 I am loving your write up on the How to hook up coolant lines. I will be using it as a reference on my garret.

p.s. If you are reading this on a saturday YOUR A LOSER with no life! Just like me!lol

ill help ya wire them bitches up

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
7mgte supra injectors are 550cc
modified wrx injectors can do 800cc
CNG ford v8 injectors are 1600cc

The injectors from a 5.3 flew fuel truck, scion tc and camry, srt-4 and a few others I can't think of right now all have potential for 500+ccs

1 - 20 of 28 Posts