Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tightend the fitv, cleaned the iacv, replaced throttle body gasket's... whats next, map sensor-tps..?

still surges, cold and warm... im clueless now... thank you, Brian

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
well

cleaning the IACV may not fix it, it may actually be screwed up. I've cleaned them before with no effect, replaced them and that was the problem, grab a buddies for a second and swap them, see what happens.

-TAG

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
any info on your car so we can help or do we have to read your mind over the internet? is it converted to obd1? did you check your sensor votages?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or you can block the passage to the iacv with your finger to see if the idle clears up. (or not)
if it clears up does than mean i found the problem..?

can it be bypassed for a short time..?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any info on your car so we can help or do we have to read your mind over the internet? is it converted to obd1? did you check your sensor votages?
the motor is out of a 92 teggy, b18a1, converted to obd2...

stock intake with b16 accessories, t/b, injectors, fuel rail etc...

the car is a 98 ex converted to a 5speed...

what else would you like to know, not sure if this is enough info...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i did what you said and it did not clear up, it was the same...

im starting to think i have a lose manni, i spray the vacum line's and t/b with some carb cleaner to see if there was a change, there was not...

this problem started about two months ago, i left my car at the airport for two weeks, i have a kill switch that kills all power with the exception of the alarm, cooling fan, radio memory...

the problem started when i got to my car and started it... its really strange, it was fine when i left...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I would check all your vacuum lines.. Spray them too and see what they do.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would check all your vacuum lines.. Spray them too and see what they do.
ya, i sprayed them as well :(

still need to try the pvc valve tho...

could it be a bad map sensor, or something, how can i test the map sensor..?

thank you everyone for helping me with this... :TU:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
did you ever unplug the evap purge solinoid? sometimes on obd2-1 converted cars the purge cycle is messed up by not being controlled correctly by the ecu. i had the same problem, i unplugged it and my surging idle went away.

start checking map sensor voltages, tps voltages and other sensor values. i dont like to check them at the sensor, i check them at the ecu plugs so i know the actual signals are getting back to the ecu. this method lets me know if a wire has been cut.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did you ever unplug the evap purge solinoid? sometimes on obd2-1 converted cars the purge cycle is messed up by not being controlled correctly by the ecu. i had the same problem, i unplugged it and my surging idle went away.

start checking map sensor voltages, tps voltages and other sensor values. i dont like to check them at the sensor, i check them at the ecu plugs so i know the actual signals are getting back to the ecu. this method lets me know if a wire has been cut.
cool, ill try it... the car is still obd2, i have the 99 ls teggy ecu...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, i found the problem....lol

when i was checking the purge and charcoal canister i noticed the rear mount, the bolt is backed off and it hit lil box the pvc goes into... all i did was push on it a tiny bit and the idle cleared right up... :TU:

it's not fixed yet but for now it is okay... im verry happy that i now know the problem...

my mom actually sugested it was a motor mount bolt and i laughed... umm, she was right...haaaa (she made me say that lol)

rep to everyone... thank you all for the comments, i really appreciate the help and support... this shit was driving me crazy...

Reactions: konigcivic
1 - 13 of 13 Posts