Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to clean my engine bay tonight and I noticed something... on my freshly build/clean tranny, there is a layer of dirty fluid on top... so I cant find where its coming from... I think I may have found the culprit tho... ok what the hell is that sensor thing right under the fuel filter? It has a hose coming out of it and it points down.... I think there is a hole in that line.... its a 96 ex... d16y8.... help!

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
im pretty sleepy but i cant recall a sensor under the fuel filter... im curious now

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ok..... I did some more looking and its a giant line that runs from the back of the engine bay to the dizzy side of the motor on the side of the cylinder head... its actually right under the dizzy.... its leaking oil from there.... and running down the tranny.... I cant really take a pic... its too dark

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
i think your talking about your heater hose its thick and it runs from the firewall under your filter and it goes under your dizzy

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
^ not a bad suggestion i would really really like a pic tommorow though

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
when your driving it will get thrown back , leaks are stupid, they like to play with your head

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes

:werd:
I am starting to think it is the dizzy O-ring, but here is the kicker.... some of the blk fliud doesnt look like oil towards the firewall, its almost like thick blk paste.... its almost impossible to get off your hands too.... could that just be dried oil?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
the black paste could be a torn axle boot, and then the oil on the tranny could be a leaky dizzy seal... clean it up and then it will show

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the black paste could be a torn axle boot, and then the oil on the tranny could be a leaky dizzy seal... clean it up and then it will show
hmmm I replaced the axles a year ago.... Illl take a better look at them when im under the car... I think it is the damn dizzy seal... Ill look into it a little more when the car gets on the lift on thurs.... thanks guys!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts