Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on OptAuto.com this morning looking at shit when I see "Intake Chambers" - so I open it up and this is what I find
http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?parentid=848&deptid=170

anybody know what the point of it is? I'm guessing it's a pipe you run off your stock air box to your throttle body - this is the most info I came up with:

"ARC has developed it’s own unique version of Induction and Intake Chmaber. The Intake Chamber helps raise the torque at low and mid range engine speeds and is also effective in improving accelerating speed.

The Induction box reduces intake resistance and increasing the amount of air taken in makes higher pressure possible. In addition, by trapping the air, it retains the appropriate amount of air inside and is effective in improving accelerating response.
When these 2 items are used together, it will improve torque and accelerating response throughout the RPM ranges."

Any thoughts? It looks strange to me and for $300 it had better add some serious HP... but I don't see how it could...

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
I think it's worthless. It's a bull shit like air twister intake who supposed to help velocity, eletric ram charger and anythings like that.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno about it being bullshit...ARC is a VERY reputable company, but it looks like a waste of money to me. Those 350 bucks could be used for something else more useful.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
No, sorry bullshit isn't the term that I must use. Worthless is better. It mays change the sound little bit, The part who change torque/hp and power band with velocity is the intake plenum AFTER tb. It's like dual exhaust for 4 cyl. it's so powerfull lalalalalialalal no more than other single the same companie who made it is reputable and clean.... don't want to spend hundreds of bucks for nothings...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts