Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my boost gauge is not reading and god damn boost now.its a Autometer phantom series. its reading vac. on it and when i go into boost it just fucking sits a 0 vac. i checked all the lines to the gauge. what would cause this? bad gauge? vac leak? my honda fighting back?

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o yea and it is boosting so please no say your not boosting bc i know some1 will be a smart ass

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i had a shit one that was just horrible so i swapped in my new one and it read for a lil bit then all of a sudden it wont read boost. i might just have to try it out in my friends honda. i just hope it isnt bad 55 bucks down the tubes :TD::rl:

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
i had the same exact gauge and it eventually sat at -10 whent he car was off, -30 when idling, and when i went into boost (10 psi) it would read 5 and then drop to 2 or 3. i'd say it is a bad gauge.

i now have a faze boost gauge and it works great :TU:

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
if its reading vacuum correctly then it should also read boost. does it zero when the motor is off?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Man, I hope my boost gauge won't act the same way cuz I'm going for a complete Phantom I series gauge collection. Help you figure it out!

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if its reading vacuum correctly then it should also read boost. does it zero when the motor is off?
yea it goes to zero when i turn the car off. when you guys have your guages hooked up what did you tee off of? i have mine off of where the cruise control comes from the intake mani.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
try checkin all the vac lines again and maybe replace them. and check for boost leaks in the charge pipes. i had a bad one ones when a pipes pretty much fell out but not enought to where you didnt feel boost and the bov still went off. so check all that. might be as simple as one clamp is loose

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
yea it goes to zero when i turn the car off. when you guys have your guages hooked up what did you tee off of? i have mine off of where the cruise control comes from the intake mani.
i T'd off of the FPR line, there could be a check valve on the cruise control line, allowing it to not see boost.

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn i didnt think about that....im just gonna buy a vac. block ASAP. i run my BOV from the FPR ill re work some stuff to see if i can get get some damn boost

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
try checkin all the vac lines again and maybe replace them. and check for boost leaks in the charge pipes. i had a bad one ones when a pipes pretty much fell out but not enought to where you didnt feel boost and the bov still went off. so check all that. might be as simple as one clamp is loose
thanks man im gonna look at all of this stuff again tonight or tom after school

1 - 19 of 19 Posts