Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quitting my Job, I want something decent to do in the Greater Ventura area. I want something ethical and rewarding. A challenging job that I can feel good about and use my brain once and a while. Maybe something in the automotive industry or maybe not. Just interesting work that doesn't pay lousy. Any suggestions ?

OBO, no tire kickers, joyrides, money orders to Ethiopia, telemarket pyramid schemes, religious cults or payment plans

trades may be considered :bigok:

Reactions: Pata

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
lol im in the same boat

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, it's a pretty leaky boat lately...

I am thinking of just taking some time off, going to school full time and soul searching until I can figure out some stuff, you know ?

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
yep, it's a pretty leaky boat lately...

I am thinking of just taking some time off, going to school full time and soul searching until I can figure out some stuff, you know ?
thats what i did so far out of school and still struggling but i hope it pays off soon.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I know what you mean.

I heard that 75% of the unemployed right now do not have a college degree.

I'm only about 20 units away from my AS in automotive tech, but it's a little disheartening to have major'd in something so specific. I feel like it really limits my options, once I finish I'm contemplating continuing on with business or some other general major.

·
Registered
751 Posts
When times are tough, I do sexual favors to women for money. I can ask them if they have friends around that area for you to cover for me? You just have to be down for whatever. And I mean, whatever...
:bigugh:

:fruit:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Also, been out of work since March '09. I'm going to school full time for Auto certificates and ASE, 14 credits right now. :scooter:

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even with ase's and automotive training it is difficult to find something decent. I wish you luck gaga.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Protip:

Get a govt job (like fire fighting ;))
Definitely some wise words Chris. I was considering the possibility of a crim law degree after my AS, but like my current major there are drawbacks to highly specialized education.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. It isn't easy out there right now.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I know that I'm in the same boat as many people are in these tough times, but I am optimistic for the future.

Reactions: Chrisfrom1986

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Fire and EMS man lol. I've been puked on, bleed on, fist fights with combative assholes in the ambulance, had guns pulled on me(I now carry on duty), and never really had a dull day.

EMT-B is pretty easy to get, I'll start on my Paramedic card after new years. Also have the following training coming up: Scuba, swift water rescue, fire, and hazmat.

I used to wrench for a living and a little heads up. If you get a position in the auto field, you run the risk of getting burnt out on working on cars and your own projects might start to suffer lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts