Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking for a D16Z6 exhaust manifold (part no. 18100-P08-000) and a D16Z6 pre-cat (part no. 18210-SR3-A73). Thanks!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
where are you located? these pop up on ebay from time to time, also, I saw several at the junkyard today. Me personally, not worth hassle grabbing from northern midwest cars, bolts turn to rust sludge and tend to break flanges upon removal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in CO, so it's very dry here. I'd imagine the exhausts in junk yards here are in okay condition, never checked before though. It's mostly the studs that are stripped on my header, I know you can buy new studs, but I think it's going to be a real pain to get the existing ones out.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,947 Posts
HAS
to be a d16z6? what are you willing to pay with shipping?
lkq180.com. that's my local yard, give them a call and find out how much its gonna cost for what youre looking for. I wont charge for the admission fee. no idea what shipping would be either

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@slo_eg8, I appreciate the offer, but I don't want to make you look around a junkyard for something I can easily get myself (besides I can look at it that way). I also wasn't totally thinking shipping through either, I forgot how heavy these are. I just figured a bunch of people would have these sitting around from exhaust swaps / upgrades. I honestly don't think I absolutely need it anymore, since the exhaust smell I was smelling seems to have subsided.

I do still want a distributor as I suspect mine is not great, if anyone has one on hand. Last time I went to both junkyards in my area and every single Z6 distributor was missing.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
if your distributor is OEM, then plan only on changing the ignition module and perhaps the coil.

The rest of the sensors inside very rarely go bad, and aftermarket ones tend to be on the sucky side.

Rockauto stocks Denso ignition modules. Factory part for factory reliability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used to keep spare ignition modules in my glovebox with a phillips screwdriver, quick to replace - you can grab them at the junkyard for cheap/free, new is probably better, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts