Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a wrx swap, let me know.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The swap is for a 2000 2.5 RS coupe, the year of WRX doesn't matter.

I don't care what EJ, as long as its in my range (that means STI swaps will probably be out of our price range.)

(not the porsche, those go into 914's not 944's, especially considering I already make plenty of power out of this motor)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The swap is for a 2000 2.5 RS coupe, the year of WRX doesn't matter.

I don't care what EJ, as long as its in my range (that means STI swaps will probably be out of our price range.)

(not the porsche, those go into 914's not 944's, especially considering I already make plenty of power out of this motor)

so your putting a wrx engine in a 2000 2.5? Sick!!! My roomate has a 99 2.5, and Ive been trying to get him to do that same thing for 3 years! IDK man, junk yards, ebay, etc...they are pretty expensive thought! At least $2500...good luck!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
SHORT BLOCK, w/Turbo, Impreza - 2.5L, 1999-05 - 2.5L, 1999-05 04-05 $1,631.28
Includes: Block, Crankshaft & Bearings, Piston & Rings, Connecting Rods & Bearings, And Rear Seal.

Just need manifolds and turbo. You can use the stock heads and cams. Seriously a stock STi swap shoulden't cost more than $2K used.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, even if the heads flowed well enough, and using SOHC instead of DOHC heads works, your still lacking headers, crossover, ecu etc etc etc. It wouldnt be that great of an idea. wrx swap for be less, and work just as well.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
pm boostdelinquent, jake....

he is an importer.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool, thanks I'll do that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts