Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
lol, and when the spring pops up and smacks the retainer and the keepers fly across the room, you're going to wish you spent the money on a real compressor

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I mean if someone is going to try it, They have to know what your doing. Im almost thinking about doing it when Mine come, But as like many honda owner, there is 16 of them. and their under sooo much pressure. I say use at leas 3 at the minimum when doing this, and position your self away from the spring. Even though its African american Ingunity at its best..It still has its good outcomes, and its bad.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Our put you head in a cabinet while doing this at least you'll be able to fing the retainer coters when they explode everywhere!

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
I installed my valve retainers, and keepers with my thumbs before I got the tool (the lisle - which still doesn't work too well for installation, I might add).

After the 10th valve or so when your thumbs are ready to fall off you'll do just about anything to find a better way.

-Des!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Necessity is the mother of invention.

Only thing I'd be worried of is using the torch to melt the zipties off. I wouldn't want to get any residue or little bits of plastic in my motor. Proly nit-picky tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts