Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I searched, but I couldn't really find an answer to this question. The tuner toy rods I have say they have to be used with floating pins only. I am considering either Wiseco or SRP for my build. The SRP's have floating pins, the Wiseco's say press fit or floating. The difference in price is only about $1.50 or so between the SRP's and the Wiseco's. If I go with the Wiseco's, will it be ok to still use the tuner toy rods since they say for floating pins only?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I would go with the floating pins. Not only easier install, but more oil lubing the rods.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
umm, if floating pins don't get pressed into the rod then what keeps the rod from moving from side to side? do they use ring pins to keep them in?

·
Registered
424 Posts
umm, if floating pins don't get pressed into the rod then what keeps the rod from moving from side to side? do they use ring pins to keep them in?
There is a snap ring or "C" clip that keeps them in place. Floating is the way to go.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Small circlips kind of look like a ring you have your car/house keys on and they fit on the end of the pin holes. Locks them in there good.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks for the input guys, but does anyone know if I'll be able to use the wiseco's since they offer both types of pins with the TT rods?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont know about the wiseco's but i got the tt rods and srp pistons right here there floating pins with snap rings on the ends. There nice i cant wait to put them in and blow my cylinder to the moon. I'd take a pic when my camera is done charging.
cool, thanks, that will help me out a lot being able to see a pic. I can't wait to get mine in either. 14psi, here I come :twisted:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just bought weiscos and they came with the c clips so I assume they are a floating pin, i ordered tuner toy rods that should be in on wed 21st so ill let you know then if everything works right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts