Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To fit a pair of DBA rear slotted discs to eg5 Hatch.

Time: 1hour or less

Required:
- Slotted discs
- Car jack
- Impact Hammer(essennstail)
- Wire Brush
- 14mm, 12mm, 10mm sockets
- 14mm, 12mm, 10mm ring spanner
- 14mm, 12mm, 10mm open enders
- Big hammer

Info:
This is one of the easiest DIYs i have ever done, so easy you dont need a mate ro anything, with proper tools its a breeze. You know u wana do it yourself!!

Step 1:
OK jack up your car, take the wheel off and support the car accordingly.

Step 2:
Ok now get out your IMPACT HAMMER and go at the 2 screws holding the disc onto the hub. If u dont have one I doubt you will be able to get the screws out. They are cheap as chips and its always good to have lotsa tools so just go and buy one and do it right.

Step 3:
Now it the time to remove the small shield behind the rotor. It has two 10mm bolts. MAKE SURE YOU RELEASE HAND BRAKE NOW AS WELL!! No pic needed.

Step 4:
Now remove the two 12mm bolts holding on the brake caliper to the caliper bracket. Might be a little bit tight but your little sister should be able to get it off.

Step 5:
Now u need to take off the brake caliper bracket. Access the two 14mm bolts from behind the rotor.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step 6:
Ok now remove the bracket and more the caliper out of the way and take off the rotor, should look like this

Now would be a good time to clean up the hub and little bit before you install the sexy new slotteds.

Step 7:
Ok this is a good idea i think, test fit; i put the rotor on and did up the wheels nuts finger tight just to make sure all with fit perectly and well what do you expect from DBA? perfect.

Step 8:
Here are the 2 discs against each other

Now you have to give the disc a clean (according to DBA) wipe off each disc surface with some NON OIL based cleaner. I used metho. only wipe the disc surface or you will wipe off some paint.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step 9:
OK now put the disc on and refit the bracket, caliper and sheild and your done! Same process for the other side of the car. Once your done, pump the brakes abit and then for a cruise and just take it easy. Do some test brakes and if all it well, well done but if there are some unusual noise take you wheel off and have a look, maybe u missed something. If all else fails please take your car to a professional!

Before:

After:

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
That is awesome Trav...very nice write up! :TU:

How long did it take you to complete it?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Top Aussie said:
u mean th write up or the diy melinda?
You just had to use the whole name didn't you? lol

I meant the actual diy install! :)

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
nie write up man.

glad to see you put the rotors on the right way (not that you'd put them on the wrong way but ya know what i mean).

i hate seeing ones that are on backwards. a car came into th dealership last week with slotted and drilled rotors on and they swept the opposite way.

i wanted to change them around so bad!!!!! :p

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
lookin' good man. extremely nice write-up. makes me want to go get slotted rotors now!

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Travis is a poof and anyone with half a brain can replace rotors. STFU trav and do somthing useful, like wanking.

Hey trav guess where i am.....Alice Springs.......no shit! Im an Aircraft Engineer now! MWAHAHAH!!!! dont fly with ChartAir!!! j/k

(whispers) btw nice writeup bro, slotted dba's own me!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts