Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim:
Paint the centres of the micra rims matt black.

Time: 2hours(including drying time)

Required:
- Heat Paint(matt black)
- Primer
- Masking Tape
- Newspaper
- Sandpaper

Info:
OK i know this has been covered many times but i thought id be cool to try it and do a write up, it is so easy! thought it would be hard but bleh easy as hell. These are the lil cheviot mags off ash's micra that we decided to JDM black y0!

Step 1:
OK jack your car up take all wheels off and leave it on some blocks or something. Then lightly sand all surfaces to be painted, i mean dont take 2hr but give the surface a rough up.

Step 2:
Ok now mask up all the parts u dont want to be painted. Pretty easy, but take ur time. We only wanted to paint the inside of these rims and leave the polished lip outside.

Step 3:
Ok now time to prime that shit! beware if ur painting on say a workshop floor and u dont want paint on the floor put a bit of newspaper under the rim so u dont put a nice stencil on the floor. I gave these rims 2 coats of primer, ensure u cover evenly and thoroughly.

Step 4:
Paint it y0! leave the primer dry and hit the mags. Take it slow and remember, even and thorough. i put on 2 coats of matt black and we were set.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Step 5:
ALL DONE!! Let them dry for an hour or 2, Remove the newspaper. Then put em back on your car and just gaze at ur mad JDM blackening 5K1LLzz!! :lol:

i must admit they looked crap on the ground but the rims looks sick as hell on the hatch :TU: woot to me :lol:

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
nice write up Trav....though I would have done gloss black and a couple coats of clear.....

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
nice write up trav............I'm looking at doing my 17"s in black pretty soon.

soooooooooo........tell us about any DIY's that you've done that you've not posted cause it looked kakka???

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
flatfourfan said:
nice write up trav............I'm looking at doing my 17"s in black pretty soon.

soooooooooo........tell us about any DIY's that you've done that you've not posted cause it looked kakka???
non fucker, some i didnt post coz i had no camera, got another one coming very soon.... ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts