21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
dude, nice write-up. you're on a write-up roll!!!!!!!!! :TU:

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Awesome job trav, but I will ot give your more rep till you lay off the Saab!!!

Now here is a question for you, or anyone

What is the difference between a regular catch can, as you see in this post, or the filtered catch ca from z10 Engineering??

Reason I ask is I will be doing this soon, but want to know if I should waste the $$ on the z10 or not

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hmm man im not sure, my is unfiltered.

i can gather that the un filtered take longer to build up coz there is less 'stopping' all teh shit BUT an unfiltered can would essestial flow quicker, similar to intake filters i guess chris BUT man im not 100% sure all i can tell u is i woulnd swap this an for any others, pretty cheap and real nice quality swear to fuck its one of my fav lil diy mods :D

man u know im just kiddin bout ur gay sabb :lol: :lol:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Bizzar said:
Ahh but on a TURBO you have to plumb it PRE-intake (pipe after filter but before the turbo). I will take some pics of mine and post them. Both the PCV and Valve cover vent are pre-turbo. Only the PCV is hooked up to the catch can.
do it!! id like to see that.

nice write-up trav!! you're ownin this shit

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
chris man what about those cans that have that meshie/netty shit inside?? what r they called?

man and dont bullshit bout m given u rep, fuck that man, im ballin with a gold block ever here :lol:

and ryan yes,

macguyver aint got shit me!!!

lots and i mean lotsa more DIYs to come :D

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
ic3tray said:
excelent write-up. im so up for some eg squad stickers. we should make that happen. rep for you

I can talk to someone about having them made up possibly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dang i'm thinking about getting one of those...that way at least the intake manifold would be a lil bit less gunked up...damn ebay charging $19.99 for shipping alone..but what the heck i checked other shops online and most charging $119 w/o shipping...ebay with shipping $60 not to shabby. Unless i can find one cheaper! Great Write Up!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
man^^^ i think a catch tank is one thing u can get cheap, its not an intake lol.

just if u get a cheap one, u migth be missin some sold mounts or something, but if i can change ur pants,. u should be able to make your own, also when gettin a cheap one make sure u check for leaks and shit, use thread tape on the threads etc etc, good luck man, this is an awesome lil mod.

lil cheap mods own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts