Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, d-series.org nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To fit a Front Strut Tower Bar to my eg5 Hatch.

Time: 30mins or less.

Required:
- Strut Bar
- 10mm Allen Key
-14mm Combo Spanner
-17mm Combo Spanner

Info:
The quickest and easiest way to improve the handling of ANY vehicle is to install an aftermarket strut bar, heres a quick guide to fitting one, allot easier than most people think.

Step 1:
Ok pop your bonnet and undo the 14mm strut top nuts. Do both left and right. Easy as.

Step 2:
Now with the nuts off, install the strut bar brackets and do up the 14mm bolts tight.

Step 3:
Ok now ensure the bar is not done up tight and is still a lil but loose( i mean if you are fitting an adjustable bar)

Step 4:
Ok when install the drivers side u may notice that there isnt much room with the throttle cabble being mounted on the tower, dont fret, just need to bend it away till u have enough clearance, like so.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step 5:
Ok now tighten it all up, the 14mm on the bracket and the 17mm on the bar adjuster.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Step 6:
Ok now double check everything is done up tight and also check if teh bar is sturdy, whats the point if it isnt? lol. If all is tight you are all done!! Well Done!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys just to clear things up, ive had this bar on for a while and i thought i might just take it off and refit it for fun and to do a write up. :TU:

this forum is so dead and thats a shame!

so cliff yeah man i got it on and i felt a difference but now its just the norm, u know ;)

and mike man i sell these and im australia so i dont know how much to say man, i sell em for about 120rrp AUSD, if that helps.

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
I dont go thru the tech stuff anymore on here. All my tech browsing is done on www.nasioc.com now :). I think I might know almost all there is to know about working on Hondas....I just havent experienced a lot of it!!! But I like to think that I could tear a motor out without any probs....

Spanner.....awesome....!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts